Job Vacancy Internal Communications Director Palmetto Solar
Job title: Internal Communications Director
Company: Palmetto Solar
Job description: Company Description
Recognized by Forbes as one of the fastest-growing private companies in the United States. Palmetto believes that choosing to source clean energy from renewable resources like solar power should be a right, not a privilege. As such, we connect homeowners with renewable energy options such as solar power and energy storage systems. Through our marketplace business model, we empower solar sales professionals and solar installation companies with access to our proprietary design platform, financing, customer management system, logistics, and project management. Our #1 focus is a phenomenal experience for our customers and partners, evidenced in our industry-leading Net Promoter Score.
Our employees are our most valuable resource. Palmetto is a VC-backed high-growth company with a promote-from-within culture for talent development. We offer excellent traditional benefits such as unlimited vacation, medical, dental, and vision coverage, and retirement plans. We are also proud to offer innovative benefits that help our employees thrive in a 21st-century economy, including a fully remote work staff, 2-week annual sabbaticals, parental leave, and unlimited PTO – among other benefits.
Summary of Role
Palmetto’s mission to stop climate change is core to who we are as a company. As the Internal Communications Director, you will orchestrate the voice of our brand internally. This role will include responsibility for connecting employees with relevant information, keeping our organization transparent, and our employees engaged! From channel operations and exec comms to internal editorial and reputation management, you will help the company communicate more effectively. Reporting to the SVP of Business Operations, you will partner with leadership to help employees across the organization stay up to date on the company’s vision, goals, and projects, by leading and executing strategic internal and executive communications programs. You will work across teams as a strategic communications partner to craft a strategy and messaging that successfully supports our mission.
- Execution of weekly company All Hands, including preparing content and ensuring speaker readiness.
- Oversee communications of measurement, including the tracking of relevant OKRs
- Champion of company culture, and partnering with our People & Culture team
- Ensure the success of our leadership team by anticipating and responding to must-have business optics
- Have expertise in creating internal communications content that inspires the team to fulfill the audacious mission to stop climate change.
- Work closely with the People & Culture, Technology, GTM, and Executive teams as a thought and execution partner.
- Design internal communications strategies that consider both proactive and reactive tactics
- Work cross-functionally with key stakeholders to align on communication goals, channel strategy, and messaging
- Use your experience in building effective communication plans and executing against them
- Prioritize building cross-functional relationships and establishing foundations of trust as a business partner
- Leverage your experience in change management to help shepherd organizational and operational change through communication strategies
You’ll Bring The Following Required Skills And Experiences:
- A skilled storyteller and enjoys translating the hard work of our team into words and visuals.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience with 10+ years of work experience in internal communications, journalism, or marketing in a consumer company, tech, or banking environment
- Experience building an internal communications program from the ground up, or moving an already existing internal communications program to the next level
- Experience supporting People’s communications
- Expertise in creative platforms – including visual & multimedia – as effective communications tools
- Think outside of the box to enhance engagement with creative communication strategies that include immersive and/or interactive communication models, where applicable
- Ability to create structure in ambiguous fast-moving environments
Equal Employment Opportunity
Palmetto embraces diversity and is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Job date: Fri, 19 Aug 2022 06:25:55 GMT
Apply for the job now!