Job Vacancy IBS/ISP Construction Manager Telecommunications CED Systems
Job title: IBS/ISP Construction Manager Telecommunications
Company: CED Systems
Job description: JOB SUMMARY
The role of the In Building Solutions Construction Manager is to plan, execute, and manage daily activities as directed by Project Manager. This includes managing resources and coordinating efforts of team members and third-party contractors onsite for on-time performance and quality assurance.
The Construction Manager will be the principal point of contact between the Project Manager, the customer, his assigned crew leaders and team members.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Daily / Weekly crew assignment
- Oversee the daily workload and operations to crews on assigned sites
- Maintain daily paperwork required for the site and the crew
- Implement and follow through with job instructions provided by the Project Manager
- Schedule and manage crews or subcontractors and materials delivery
- Ensure safety and quality control requirements at sites and with our crew
- Compile all site-specific closeout documentation for your work effort
- Coordinate with customer representative for site related activities and maintain a good working relationship with customer representative
- Provide leadership, guidance, and actively train / promote learning to all the crew members
- Maintain tools, equipment, and vehicles in an operational condition at all times
- Provide time sheets and summary at the end of every working day
- Control and minimize overtime
- Manage personnel request (time off, vacations, sick days, etc.) in order to keep an ongoing schedule
- Manage and provide change orders from the field
- Identify and develop any business relationships vital to the success of the project
- Participate projects close out meetings, create a recommendations report in order to identify lessons learned; key takeaways.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management
- College degree in engineering, telecommunications or other related field is preferred, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 4 years of experience in construction of in-building wireless solutions (BISCI technician a plus).
- Hands-on experience with various wireless hardware such as CommScope, JMA/Teko, SOLiD, ADRF, Corning, Samsung, Ericsson, Nokia, etc.
- Must have hands-on experience and working knowledge of Anritsu Sweep/Spectrum analyzer and PIM gear
- Must have hands-on experience with Fluke Network’s Versiv and Linkware. Fiber is a plus
- Strong blend of management, technical operations
- Commissioning experience a PLUS.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work with and supervise remote resources
- Must be able to work under pressure situations and remain calm and logical throughout a crisis situation
- Strong written, oral and presentation communication skills
- Very good organization skills
- Flexible during times of change
- Customer service skills an asset
- Experience installing/ managing DAS or In-Building Cellular Systems
- Experience installing/ managing Emergency Responder Radio Coverage (ERRC) Systems
- Experience obtaining, compiling, interpreting, and communicating jurisdictional requirements
- In-depth understanding of Telecommunication networks
- Ability to read, comprehend and carry out instructions (Blueprints, CAD, RFDS, BOM, iBwave designs, etc)
- Strong organizational, computer and communication skills (word/excel/outlook etc)
- Must be able to provide record and manage paperwork via hardcopy and electronic format
- Organized with a strong attention to detail and capable of working with minimum supervision
- Must be able to create materials list BOM based on plans/scope of work, order and compile materials for crew in advance of deployment
- Recognize and provide a safe work site with acceptable quality and efficiency
- Working knowledge of safety standards and regulations in within Hospitals, Warehouses, different municipalities.
- Ability to lead, teach and train proper work and safety procedures
- Industrial First Aid and CPR certifications and experience
- Demonstrate expertise in construction skills, telecommunications training, Lift and ladder safety, RF, fire code regulations
- OHSA 30 Certified
- Must be able to pass a drug screening and background check
- Applicants must have a valid driver’s license and comply with company policy conditions
- Present professional image at all times
- Outdoor and indoor work environment: Direct exposure to sun and heat/cold
- Working in hospitals, warehouses, government municipalities, and in the presence of RF Emissions
- The ability to work weekends, nights and in extreme weather conditions if necessary
- Must be able to work long hours in indoor and outdoor environments
- Must be able to work well with others in team
- Must be able to travel within USA for up to several weeks when needed
- Ability to stoop, stand, sit, climb, handle items with hands and fingers, see clearly 20ft or more, talk and hear clearly, lift 50lbs
Standard company health care benefits, holidays, and PTO.
Expected salary: $65000 – 80000 per year
Job date: Tue, 22 Aug 2023 22:15:55 GMT
Apply for the job now!