Job Vacancy HVAC/R Maintenance Technicians I Walmart
Job title: HVAC/R Maintenance Technicians I
Job description: Are you one of the few people out there that have Commercial Refrigeration experience? If so, we would love to talk to you! *Start immediately and get a $2000 signing bonus!
Walmart is expanding our General Maintenance Team for our retail stores. We are looking to grow our team and adding top talent to join our fast-paced, friendly environment!
As a HVAC/R Maintenance Technician I in our local retail store, you will work to perform reactive and routine maintenance to ensure proper functionality, operation, and safety of Walmart Stores’ HVAC/R equipment and fixtures under the supervision of the local HVAC/R Manager, following established maintenance schedules and guidelines, inspecting, cleaning, and repairing facilities, equipment, or fixtures.
What are the essential functions of the HVAC/R Maintenance Technicians I:
- Maintain and repair Walmart facilities HVAC/R equipment and assets by utilizing commercial HVAC and Refrigeration skills and using hand tools, digital tools, power tools, and other equipment to complete jobs
- Utilize the work order management system to receive repair Work Orders to support Stores and Store associates and documenting repair activities
- Provide prompt response to emergency maintenance calls
- Inspecting, operating, or testing facilities, equipment, or fixtures to diagnose issues
- Complete all required training requirements to safely operate equipment and tools
- Ensures compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration and Environmental Protection Agency regulations and guidelines by performing work according to practices and procedures outlined in the Walmart HVAC/R safety policy and environmental guidelines
Benefits of the HVAC/R Maintenance Technicians I position:
- Full Time: Starting at $27/hr** + Bonus Eligible
- Eligible for 8% bonus incentive
- 10% Walmart discount
- Paid Time Off that accrues
- Full benefits available for Health / Vision / Dental / Life
- 401k with company match
- Eligible to participate in the Associate Stock Purchase Plan
- FREE College through Live Better University
HVAC/R Maintenance Technicians I Position Requirements:
- 18 years or older
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Vocational or Technical HVAC/R certification and 6 months’ experience, OR 2 years total work experience, in commercial refrigeration, mechanical maintenance or construction-related field for commercial HVAC/R and building controls or related field
- Type I/Type II Environmental Protection Agency Certification for Refrigerant handling
- Valid Drivers License
- Can lift 20 lbs frequently and 50 lbs occasionally
- Can Move up and down ladders frequently
- Comfortable working at heights frequently
What started small, with a single discount store and the simple idea of selling more for less, has grown over the last 50 years into the largest retailer in the world. Each week, over 260 million customers and members visit our 11,695 stores under 59 banners in 28 countries and e-commerce websites in 11 countries.
With fiscal year 2017 revenue of $485.9 billion, Walmart employs approximately 2.3 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. It’s all part of our unwavering commitment to creating opportunities and bringing value to customers and communities around the world.
Walmart is an equal opportunity employer. No employee or applicant will be discriminated against in any condition of employment because of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by law. We are an E-Verify Employer.
*Sign on applied to external new hires only. Not applicable to rehires under 12 months.
Expected salary: $27 per hour
Location: Morgan Hill, CA
Job date: Thu, 18 Aug 2022 00:41:05 GMT
Apply for the job now!