Job Vacancy HVAC Mechanic IV Rock Valley College
Job title: HVAC Mechanic IV
Company: Rock Valley College
Job description: To save time applying, Rock Valley College does not offer sponsorship of job applicants for employment-based visas for this position at this time.
Reports to: Supervision is received from the HVAC Team Lead or Manager Building Systems.
Supervision Exercised: None.
Job Summary To perform advance maintenance and repairs on all HVAC equipment on campus, and maintain a comfortable environment in all buildings. Monitor fire automation systems. Diagnose issues using HVAC automation system. Repair and maintain HVAC equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Related duties may be assigned. * Perform advance preventive maintenance on all heating, ventilating, and air conditioning systems as often as needed or at the direction of the HVAC Team Lead and Building Systems Manager.
- Diagnose issues through HVAC Automation, such as Metasys.
- Perform work on and maintain water and steam boilers, chillers, multi-stack units, geothermal systems, fluid coolers.
- Repair and rebuild motor pumps.
- Assist in working with water systems and split system server coolers.
- Knowledge and experience working with high voltage, 24 – 600 Volts.
- Monitor fire automation systems.
- Repair HVAC equipment as needed or at the direction of the HVAC Team Lead and Manger of Building Systems.
- Monitor Metasys and tour buildings as often as necessary to maintain a comfortable environment in all buildings.
- Remodel or repair existing piping systems.
- Assist in the training of HVAC Mechanics.
- Diagnose and repair all electrical, mechanical, and plumbing problems with boilers, chillers, air handlers, pumps, air conditioning systems, and furnaces as required.
- Perform duties as directed by the HVAC Team Lead and Manager of Building Systems.
- Have knowledge of commonly used concepts and follow policies, procedures, and safety measures.
- Required to report to work in a timely manner (within 60 minutes) when called in for an emergency.
- Assist FPOM department in other duties, such as emergencies, event setup/tear down or as directed by the HVAC Team Lead or Manager of Building Systems.
- Required on-call weekends & Holidays for emergencies based on rotation list.
- Regular attendance is expected.
- Using tact and courtesy, the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with persons contacted in the course of work.
- Perform maintenance and miscellaneous duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS OR STANDARDS REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Physical Requirements: Must be physically able to operate a variety of equipment and machinery including core drills, cherry pickers, scaffolds, electrical tools, etc. Must be physically able to operate a motor vehicle. Must be able to exert up to 150 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 75 pounds of force frequently, and/or 25 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Requires the ability to climb and maneuver on ladders, scaffolding, and/or in tight spaces. Physical demand requirements are for heavy work.
Data Conception: Requires the ability to speak and/or judge the readily observable, functional, structural or composite characteristics (whether similar or divergent from obvious standards) of data, people or things.
Interpersonal Communication: Requires the ability to speak and/or signal people to convey or exchange information. Includes giving instructions, assignments or directions to assistants or subordinates.
Language Ability: Requires the ability to read work orders, purchase orders, logs, diagrams, blueprints, schematics, etc. Requires the ability to prepare activity logs, department inventory, performance appraisals, reports, etc., according to prescribed formats. Requires the ability to speak to people with poise, voice control and confidence.
Intelligence: Requires the ability to apply principles of rational system to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists; to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagrammatic, or schedule form.
Verbal Aptitude: Requires the ability to record and deliver information, to explain procedures, to follow oral and written instructions. Must be able to communicate effectively and efficiently in English, and electrical and mechanical terminology.
Numerical Aptitude: Requires the ability to utilize simple mathematical formulas; to add and subtract; multiply and divide; utilize decimals and percentages.
Form/Spatial Aptitude: Requires the ability to inspect items for proper length, width and shape.
Motor Coordination: Requires the ability coordinate hands and eyes rapidly and accurately in using hand tools.
Manual Dexterity: Requires the ability to handle a variety of items such as hand tools. Must have minimal levels of eye/hand/foot coordination.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Thorough knowledge of building systems, equipment, and fixtures.
Thorough knowledge of approved mechanical methods, practices, code requirements, and safety standards.
Considerable knowledge of the tools and equipment used in the installation and repair of building systems.
Considerable knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions.
Considerable knowledge of the principles of supervision, organization and administration.
Skill in the use and care of hand power tools and equipment necessary to perform installation and repair tasks.
Skill in identifying origin of problems.
Ability to schedule and prioritize work of the department.
Ability to estimate manpower and material requirements for individual projects.
Ability to maintain complete and accurate records.
Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
Ability to read and interpret blueprints and schedule drawings.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as necessitated by work assignments.
Physical Abilities * Visual ability to read handwritten or typed documents, instructions, the display screen of various equipment and machines, and blue prints and schematics.
- Able to conduct verbal conversation.
- Able to hear normal range verbal conversation (approximately 60 decibels).
- Able to sit, stand, stoop, kneel, bend, and walk.
- Able to climb slopes, stairs steps ladders.
- Able to push and/or pull a variety of tools, equipment and objects weighing up to 40 pounds. Able to lift up to 40 pounds frequently, and 60 pounds occasionally.
- Able to sustain strenuous manual labor for 8 hours, with 3 breaks.
- Able to exhibit full range of motion for shoulder external rotation an internal rotation. Able to exhibit full range of motion for shoulder abduction and adduction. Able to exhibit full range of motion for elbow flexion and extension. Able to exhibit full range of motion for shoulder extension and flexion. Able to exhibit full range of motion for back lateral flexion. Able to exhibit full range of motion for hip flexion and extension. Able to exhibit full range of motion for knee flexion.
- Able to use respirators, for personal protection, up to: 2 hours per day, strenuous physical effort, 3 hours per day, moderate physical effort, 6 hours per day, light physical effort.
- Able to work at various elevated heights in ladders, scaffolding, rigging and roofs in a safe and effective manner.
- Able to work in restricted spaces in a safe and effective manner.
- Able to work with a variety of chemical agents in a safe and effective manner without allergic reaction.
- Able to demonstrate manual dexterity necessary to perform fine maintenance procedures and operate both manual and power hand tools in a safe and effective manner.
- Able to operate a variety of powered industrial vehicle equipment, and tools associated with building repair, maintenance, preventative maintenance and construction in a safe and effective manner.
- Able to operate a variety of maintenance motor vehicles in a safe and effective manner.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school graduation or equivalent combination of education and experience. Preferred ten years of previous HVAC experience. Completed training in safety management. Skill in the maintenance and repair of furnaces, air handlers, and related heating, ventilating and air condition systems and equipment is necessary. Ability to operate, maintain and repair boilers, chillers, and cooling towers. Chemical monitoring of chiller and boiler water. Workable knowledge of pumps, valves, motors, air handling equipment and fire pumps. Knowledge of fire alarm systems. Understanding of Metasys controls, digital and pneumatic. Basic understanding of electricity, geothermal systems and chilled beams. Ability to perform sheet metal work. Ability to lift heavy parts and equipment. Valid Illinois driver’s license is required. Operation of in-house electric generation systems is desirable. Licensed HVAC mechanic is desirable.
Full-time Positions: (SSA) – Hourly
Rock Valley College offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and group life and AD&D insurance. In addition, we offer optional flexible spending accounts, LTD, supplemental life insurance and AD&D for yourself and your dependents. SURS pension and optional retirement savings programs. Complimentary use of the Fitness Center for employee and spouse or domestic partner, Educational Assistance, and Tuition Waivers for employee and dependents, paid holidays, up to 10 days of vacation per year, 12 days paid sick leave each year, 3 personal days each year, which can accumulate up to 6 days. RVCare clinic onsite.
Rock Valley College values diversity and is committed to fostering an inclusive, diverse and respectful environment, as we believe that diversity in our organization encourages a rich and creative environment. We are actively engaged in building a more diverse organization and encourage all qualified applicants to apply today. We are also committed to providing accommodation for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (815) 921-4760. Check out , , , , and at Rock Valley College!
Powered by Aspex Solutions – AppliTrack, Applicant Tracking for Educators. Online Job Employment Applications, Web Based Employment Applications for School Districts and Educational Institutions – You can also view at www.k12jobspot.com. K12JobSpot is a site that has thousands of teaching jobs – all from AppliTrack school districts.
Expected salary: $21.97 – 26.61 per hour
Job date: Wed, 10 Aug 2022 06:38:25 GMT
Apply for the job now!