Job Vacancy Heavy Haul/Over Dimensional Logistics Specialist Sims Global Solutions
Job title: Heavy Haul/Over Dimensional Logistics Specialist
Company: Sims Global Solutions
Job description: This position requires experience working with Open Deck freight. Preferred experience with Heavy Haul/OD.
Sims Global Solutions is a team of industry experts who have worked with or for just about every carrier available today and have an invaluable wealth of knowledge to help take your career to the next level. With our extensive network of the industry’s top carriers, fulfillment solutions, and leading-edge Transportation Management Software, our customers get expertise on adaptive shipping solutions with regular, real-time updates on their shipments and those are just a few reasons why they keep coming back. Our commitment to service goes beyond the customer, we are dedicated to making the work experience at Sims Global world-class as well. Our brand new 28,000 sq/ft building provides a fun and collaborative work environment, as well as a 3,000 sq ft workout center equipped with everything you would need to promote a healthy lifestyle.
Position: Heavy Haul/Over Dimensional Open Deck Logistics Specialist
Sims Global Solutions is a market leader in Heavy Haul/Over Dimensional-Open Deck Freight. We are looking for an experienced individual that can support the logistics process from quote to delivery. This individual will be responsible for communicating with both client and carrier.
- Driven to grow a division and revenue in Heavy Haul and Over-Dimension loads
- Working familiarity with Heavy Haul and Overdimesional Loads related operations, processes, and systems
- Ability to multitask and prioritize shipments and responsibilities
- Self-motivated and customer service-oriented
- Good communication skills and attention to detail
- Obtain proper information and/or data regarding carrier payments
- Handle many carrier calls and emails
- Set carrier invoices for payment and maintain carrier balance sheets
- Research and resolve carrier payment discrepancies and issues
- Post available loads, and find trucks from Sims Global extensive carrier network to haul customers’ loads
- Negotiate rates with customers and carriers
- Professional follow-up and coordination between customers and carriers
- A minimum of 2 years of current experience arranging Heavy Haul/Over Dimension Loads.
- Highly motivated, competitive, personable, and outgoing person that can work autonomously and in team environments and provide results.
- Must possess strong communication, decision making, time management, presentation, sales, and negotiation skills.
- Good problem-solving skills and ability to research solutions to difficult issues.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to multitask and handle multiple projects at once.
- Ability to work as an individual while also supporting the overall team.
- Ability to adapt to change in a fast-paced environment.
Relevant experience and/or skills: Surface Deployment and Distribution Command, SDDC, freight broker, freight agent, freight sales, truck broker, logistics account manager, 3PL, transportation, truck dispatch, truckload sales, rate negotiations, customer relationships, business development, cold calling, carrier relationships.
Sims Global Solutions is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and it is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category.
Sims Global offers a complete and competitive benefit package designed to meet individual and family needs
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Employment is contingent on background screening
Powered by JazzHR
Location: Lenexa, KS
Job date: Thu, 17 Aug 2023 01:38:23 GMT
Apply for the job now!