Job Vacancy Groundperson | UAM Construction Services Davey Tree
Job title: Groundperson | UAM Construction Services
Company: Davey Tree
Job description: Additional Locations: Indiana statewide
Primary Locations: IN, Indianapolis, 5641 W 73rd St, 46278
Requisition ID: 176797
Asset Management is a division of Davey Resource Group, a Davey Company, which has been employee-owned since 1979. Asset Management specializes in managing the assets of utility companies throughout the U.S. by providing solutions, focused around the electrical and telecommunication industries. We believe in smart growth that continues to provide career advancement opportunities. We utilize cutting-edge technology to deliver proven solutions for utility companies with design, construction, and field inspection services. Asset Management is currently seeking motivated self-starters that can thrive in a fast-paced environment to learn and develop new skills to contribute to our group.
Assist the line crew members by working on the ground, handing tools, and heavy materials to workers. Digs holes and pad ditches, and performs other similar work in support of telecommunication construction and maintenance of overhead and underground utilities.. This is the beginning step in this classification and is expected to progress into all aspects of these duties including but not limited to the Lineman/Operator positions.
- Passes tools safely to line crew members and assists as a general helper on the ground.
- Handles cables, conduits, and other materials as directed.
- Assists in installing telecommunication fixtures.
- Assists line crew with setting poles and filling anchor holes by using a shovel or pick-ax.
- Clears undergrowth from right-of-way by using hand tools or saws. Piles debris to clear a path.
- Performs general clean-up of job sites following completion of work.
- Assists telecom crew lineman with lowering and raising tools or other heavy materials to team members working below or above.
- Operates hand tools as authorized or trained.
- Notifies customers of impending disruption of service while lines are under repair.
- Flags traffic to protect employees (when certified) and the public from potential harm or injury.
- May assist lineman as directed, operating a jackhammer, or using pry-bars to break concrete or rocks.
- Qualified drivers may be required to drive a 3/4-ton or 1-ton pickup truck to the job site or to obtain supplies.
- Performs other duties as assigned in support of the project. Job duties are subject to change as directed by team leadership.
- Requires good mechanical aptitude.
- Must possess great communication skills.
- Prior telecommunication training is a plus.
- Requires valid driver’s license: CDL license preferred. Other combinations of education/experience may be considered.
The ideal candidate would be comfortable with traveling from location to location within the client’s service territory. Candidates must be comfortable working full time with an average of 40 – 45 hours per week. Compensation based on experience. DRG offers excellent benefits including: health, dental, vision and life insurance after 30 days of employment. Vacation Pay, Company stock and 401-K eligibility after 1 year. Continual training and development offered. Pre-employment drug screen, motor vehicle records screen, criminal background screen, and Social Security # verification required. Davey Resource Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Veterans are encouraged to apply. DRG is Employee Owned. We encourage you to take ownership of your future. Lodging and per diem provided when traveling overnight.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state or local law.
If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at or at .
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type: Full Time
Travel Expectations: Up to 75%
Davey is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers all qualified employees and applicants for all positions regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state, or local law. It is our mandate that all matters related to the terms and conditions of employment and all treatment on the job be free of discrimination. In addition, harassment based on any protected characteristic is strictly prohibited.
To preview Davey’s relevant EO/AA plan, please submit a written request to: The Davey Tree Expert Company, Attn: HR, 1500 N. Mantua Street, Kent, Ohio 44240.
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law – English | Spanish
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law Supplement – English | Spanish
Right to Work – English | Spanish
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Job date: Sat, 03 Feb 2024 08:07:28 GMT
Apply for the job now!