Job Vacancy Ground Transportation Manager CMA CGM
Job title: Ground Transportation Manager
Company: CMA CGM
Job description: CEVA Logistics provides global supply chain solutions to connect people, products and providers all around the world. Present in 170 countries and with more than 110,000 employees spread over 1,300 sites, we are well on our way to achieving our vision: to be a Top 5 global 3PL.
We believe that our employees are the key to our success. We want to engage and empower our diverse, global team to co-create value with our customers through our solutions in contract logistics and air, ocean, ground, and finished vehicle transport. That is why CEVA Logistics offers a dynamic and exceptional work environment that fosters personal growth, innovation, and continuous improvement.
DARE TO GROW! Join CEVA Logistics, and you will be part of a team that values imagination, encourages boldness and exemplarity, and is committed to excellence in everything we do. Join us in our mission to shape the future of global logistics as we become a global leader in the logistics industry. As we continue growing at a fast pace, will you “Dare to Grow” with us?
Are you known for your leadership skills and operational oversight? Are you passionate about providing quality service, customer satisfaction, and operational proficiencies that ensures growth and profitability goals, and that objectives are met? If so, we have an opportunity for you to shine and show your skills as a Ground Transportation Manager!
WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO?
- Lead, direct and manage all station functions to ensure that all departments and station staff execute service agreements at, or above the customer’s standards.
- Maximize profitability through superior customer service, effective and prompt communications, and follow-up on all pending matters with the customer.
- Responsible for business development, sales and marketing and new account development to ensure that maximum transportation revenue is generated for the station.
- Provide managers with daily guidance, leadership and overall support on any issues relating to operations, communication, human resources, revenue enhancement, standardizing procedures, systems applications, and executing processes to meet customer needs.
- Develop and execute policies, plans, and programs to meet anticipated organizational needs in the areas of functional responsibility and ensure compliance with corporate policies and guidelines, ISO standards, Sarbanes Oxley and other regulatory requirements.
- Review analysis of activities, costs, operations, and forecast data to determine progress toward stated business development goals and objectives.
- Review and evaluate station P & L performance and establish short term goals to address any budgetary shortfalls.
- Collaborate with senior management to develop continuous improvement methodology in key areas of service profit and growth and use key performance indicators to drive and quantify cost optimization while maintaining customer quality and service.
- Consult with and apprise senior management of important issues, operational concerns, personnel matters, capital expenditures, leases, and all commitments obligating the company.
- Ensure that freight is being expedited in a safe and timely manner.
- Ensure that the station facility provides a clean, professional, and safe working environment for all employees.
- Direct and train management staff in sound human relations and operational skills.
- Ensure directives, rules and procedures are communicated to all station personnel.
- Ensure safety methods and programs are implemented and maintained.
- Utilize superior communications skills to motivate staff and develop effective working relationships with peers, executives and clients.
- Oversee and manage the professional development and productivity of all staff members to ensure proper goals, training, professional development and project requirements are met.
- Personally coach, train and mentor direct reports and provide career development opportunities though training, and quality management activities.
- Conduct annual performance reviews for all staff within department.
- Address all employee performance problems promptly and directly in accordance with personnel policies of the company.
- Keep abreast of emerging technology changes and innovations through formal or informal study, reading business and professional publications, networking, and participation in professional organizations.
- Perform other duties as needed.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Education and Experience: High School Diploma or GED, Minimum five years related experience. Minimum three years supervisory or managerial experience; Bachelor’s Degree in Transportation, Supply Chain Management, or related discipline preferred four years of industry experience preferred.
- Skills: Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office, internet, web-based and job specific software applications.
- Characteristics: Ability to allocate work assignments; Proven experience in problem analysis, presentation of alternatives and implementing solutions; Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations; Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, employees, and vendors.
- Ability to manage the financial aspects of the department, of which includes purchasing, budget preparation and review, financial reporting, and monitoring expenses.
WHAT DO WE HAVE TO OFFER?
With a genuine culture of recognition, we want our employees to grow, develop and be part of our journey. We offer a benefits package with a focus on your wellbeing. This includes competitive Paid Time Off, 401(k), health insurance and an employee benefits platform that offers discounts on gym memberships and a diverse range of retail, travel, car, and hospitality brand.
We are a team in every sense, and we support each other and work collaboratively to achieve our goals together. It is our goal that you will be compensated for your hard work and commitment, so if you’d like to work for one of the top Logistics providers in the world then let’s work together to help you find your new role.
We value your professional and personal growth. That’s why we share plenty of career opportunities for you to thrive within CEVA. This role can be the first step on your career path with us. You can stay in the same job family, find a new family to grow in (how about sales or supply chain?) or find your own path. Join CEVA for a challenging and rewarding career.
CEVA operates in a multicultural, global environment and is a richly diverse organization operating seamlessly as one company. We aim to attract, motivate and retain the best people in our industry, whatever their background. We share the same passion to deliver world-class solutions to our customers. We have the best supply chain professionals in the industry and develop this talent in an inspiring work environment.
CEVA Logistics is proud to be an equal opportunity work place and an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
Please note: Legitimate CEVA Logistics recruitment processes include communication with candidates through recognized professional networks, such as LinkedIn or via an official company email address: [email protected]. We recommend that you do not respond to unsolicited business propositions and/or offers from people with whom you are unfamiliar.
Information provided is true and accurate. False statements or information will result in the application voided.
Outstanding benefits for employee and family including multiple health plans(company contribution to health savings account), prescription, dental and vision coverage.
Company paid life insurance, accident insurance, short- and long-term disability coverage and employee assistance plan.
Voluntary benefits including additional life insurance, AD&D coverage, buy-up short- and long-term disability, critical illness, identify theft & legal plan.
401(k) with company match.
Flexible Paid Time Off programs including company paid holidays.
Tuition reimbursement program.
Location: Richmond, VA
Job date: Wed, 17 Jan 2024 08:23:51 GMT
Apply for the job now!