Job Vacancy General Winery Worker Volt Information Sciences
Job title: General Winery Worker
Company: Volt Information Sciences
Job description: Volt is actively seeking for General Winery Workers for Madera, CA. Under the direction of the Cellar Supervisor, the Seasonal General Winery Worker is responsible for general winery work that includes hooking grape trucks, sanitizing tanks, hoses, pipelines, general cleaning and any other winery related tasks. Ideal candidates have experience doing general or manual labor involving consistent heavy lifting and are motivated and work well in teams. Seasonal position from appx. July – October or November.
*Additional Stay Pay Bonus opportunity for staying the entire harvest season!*
- Perform general housekeeping and cleaning tasks, including paint equipment (e.g., sweeping, scooping up debris, pulling weeds, using a shovel, using water hoses for wash-down of grounds or buildings, using painting equipment, power washer, etc.).
- Scrub pumps, fittings and miscellaneous equipment parts as needed.
- Sweep or rake winery floors, grounds and dispose of all trash and place in the proper disposal area.
- Operate cleaning equipment and tools to clean cellar floors, walls, tank pads, outside and inside of tanks, and walkways.
- Manipulate tank lids to ensure proper opening and closing of tank tops for cellar operations.
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Must be 18 or older at time of hire.
- 1-2 years of general winery worker experience preferred, or general labor experience involving consistent heavy lifting in a production or manufacturing environment.
- Must have the ability to read, write, speak and understand instructions in English.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and with a team in a fast-paced, high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
- Comprehend and carry out written and verbal instruction.
- Must be flexible with shift schedule.
- Operation of basic hand tools.
- Must have an excellent safety, work performance and attendance record.
- Prioritize while able to adapt to changing priorities.
- Demonstrated reliability and punctuality, work effectively in team/crew environment, adherence to all safety regulations and operating procedures.
- Position will be exposed to indoor and outdoor environments with varying noise levels.
- Employee is exposed to wet or humid conditions.
- Exposed to inclement seasonal weather, summer heat, cold weather, rain.
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, and twisting in a production environment.
- Must be able to repeatedly lift and carry weights up to 60 pounds at varying frequencies with equipment.
- Work at and climb heights of 50 feet.
- Enter and work in a confined space.
If interested, please call the Fresno Branch
Job ID : 346484
Location: Fresno, CA
Job date: Thu, 18 Aug 2022 22:16:08 GMT
Apply for the job now!