Job Vacancy General Warehouse Hatch Staffing Services
Job title: General Warehouse
Company: Hatch Staffing Services
Job description: This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Coordinates activities for verifying incoming and outgoing shipments, handling, and disposition of materials.
- Assures received materials meet specifications for quality and quantity as ordered.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating raw material usage, finished product storage, shipping records, and maintaining FIFO procedures.
- Support production department with movement of raw materials, finished product, and scrap boxes.
- Negotiates directly with freight/logistics companies to procure the best service and price for shipments.
- Supervises warehouse workers, conducts training of temporary staffing agency workers and new hires, determines work priorities, and expedites workflow.
- Conducts initial forklift training, certification, and refresher training for all company workers required to operate forklift trucks in accordance with OSHA 1910.178 Powered Industrial Trucks safe operating standard.
- Responsible for making sure all warehouse workers comply with worker safety, food safety, and general workplace policies and procedures.
- Maintains good housekeeping practices in all warehouse and shipping areas.
- Maintain records and other correspondence using a computer and where hand written records are required, entering legible data.
Job Specifications and Requirements
- Ability to supervise day to day work activities of warehouse workers including training of temporary staffing agency workers and new hires on essential job duties and responsibilities.
- Requires good oral and written communication skills and the ability to interact well with employees, freight vendors, and others.
- Must maintain train the trainer qualifications for conducting forklift operator training, certifications, and refresher training in accordance with the current OSHA 1910.178 Powered Industrial Trucks safe operating standard.
- Knowledge of inventory control methods such as FIFO and the ability to maintain electronic and handwritten records.
- Ability to negotiate directly with freight/logistics companies to get the best prices and lead time for shipping needs.
- Requires mathematical skills that include the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide and perform metric conversions.
- Requires knowledge of and the ability to use Microsoft Word and Excel applications and to access and use the company’ s electronic business program MACOLA.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The phrases “ occasionally,” “ regularly,” and “ frequently” means between 1/3 and 2/3 working time, and “ frequently” means 2/3 or more working time.
While performing the duties and responsibilities of this position, the employee is occasionally required to use food/feet to operate machinery, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and reach above shoulders. The employee will regularly stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or touch and move from place to place and will frequently talk and listen. Specific vision requirements for this position include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Job date: Tue, 16 Aug 2022 22:35:23 GMT
Apply for the job now!