Job Vacancy General Labor Masonite
Job title: General Labor
Job description: We heard you knock!
Location: 4005 Newpoint Pl, Lawrenceville, GA 30043
Shift: Hiring Immediately! We have openings on both shifts.
1st shift: Mon-Fri 6:30AM-3:00PM
2nd shift: Mon-Fri 4:00PM-1:30AM
Pay: Starting at $19.00
At Masonite, we understand that people are key. In fact, it’s one of our Cultural Pillars. We are a composite of diverse people who come together by showing support and respect to one another. We hold the door open for each other and for new ideas. We continuously strive to improve both our products and our customers’ experiences. This drive leads us to revolutionize the door industry and help people walk through walls. Join us and make an impact each day you work at Masonite!
A General Laborer is responsible for performing various tasks to aid daily operations throughout the door manufacturing process. Their duties include loading and unloading doors or raw materials, assembling, crafting, and correct movement of doors throughout the manufacturing process. General Laborers are cooperative and willing to apply their skills in a variety of venues by regularly rotating positions to achieve success.
- Free Medical Premiums – eligible for free or reduced cost premium (see benefit package for qualifications)
- Dental, Vision, Life, & Accidental Insurance
- Paid Parental Leave and Adoption Benefits
- Paid Holidays – ability to earn additional PTO each month
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Educational Assistance Program
- Advancement Opportunities – we promote from within the company
What you will do:
- Contribute to and foster a safe work environment by upholding all safety rules and procedures, asking questions when unsure, and embracing our Target Zero philosophy.
- Read, understand, and follow production schedules ensuring the right product is manufactured at the right time and at the right place.
- Follow production job orders and schematics, this position adjusts/sets equipment parameters and ensures applicable parameters are achieved.
- Gather materials as needed based on established production schedules to ensure a continuous and efficient door crafting process.
- Perform quality checks throughout the production process, ensuring manufacturing specifications are achieved.
- Communicate professionally and effectively to support product flow through plant.
- Maintain downtime records and production information as appropriate
- Perform housekeeping duties
What you will need:
- Preferably one year experience in manufacturing setting
- HS Diploma or GED preferred
- Able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screen
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Use a computer to read order specifications, update databases, and retrieve/update data as required.
- Able to accurately take measurements using a tap measure and calipers.
- Use hand tools, power tools and drive fork trucks and use push carts in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ability to lift up to 60lbs and on occasion push/pull 100lbs, also to sit, kneel and stoop.
- Must be able to add & subtract fractions and whole numbers and convert fractions to decimals.
- Ability to read, follow, and understand work instructions from both written and verbal sources and basic writing skills.
- Excellent attendance record
- Commitment to your team members, self-motivation, and accountability to safety & quality.
Masonite strives to maintain a target 0% safety incident rate. Safe production weaves worker safety with efficient production into our daily operations. We keep safety at utmost importance and want our employees to go home in the same condition as they arrived at work.
Open to extraordinary!
Location: Lawrenceville, GA
Job date: Sat, 27 Aug 2022 05:53:36 GMT
Apply for the job now!