Job Vacancy General Labor Masonite
Job title: General Labor
Job description: We heard you knock!
Job Description: General Labor – Helper
Work Location: Laurel
Work Location & Shifts: 1001 S 4th Ave, Laurel, MS 39440. Rotating shifts.
- Free Medical Premiums – eligible for free or reduced cost premium (see benefit package for qualifications)
- Dental, Vision, Life, & Accidental Insurance
- Paid Parental Leave and Adoption Benefits
- Paid Holidays – ability to earn additional PTO each month
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Educational Assistance Program
- Advancement Opportunities – we promote from within the company
We heard you knock!
At Masonite, we understand that people are key. In fact, it’s one of our Cultural Pillars. We are a composite of diverse people who come together by showing support and respect to one another. We hold the door open for each other and for new ideas. We continuously strive to improve both our products and our customers’ experiences. This drive leads us to revolutionize the door industry and help people walk through walls. Join us and make an impact each day you work at Masonite!
What you will do:
- The Press Crew bracket includes the tasks of De-flashing and Slitter Operation, Relief Operation, Auditing, Unitizing, Packaging and Rework.
- Under general supervision, operates loader/unloader, slitter tables, tool changing equipment, lift trucks, and other equipment.
- Activates press loader/unloader cycle. Utilizes specifications list for each product tool design to accurately cut, weight, adjust, and place charge into each production tool as required by the recipe.
- Monitors process parameters and records variables as directed. Makes necessary adjustments to produce a No. 1 product.
- Audits production for caliper variation, surface consistency, and load count and identifies materials that don’t meet No. 1 product standards.
- Operates shear as necessary to reclaim material to No.1 products standards.
- Maintains adequate supply of sheet molding compound and other raw materials for un-interrupted operation.
- Rotates and stores SMC stock.
- Fills out daily production, defect, and downtime reports. Assists as necessary in the production tool change.
- Performs minor maintenance, preventive maintenance, and assist maintenance personnel as required.
- Packages and properly labels products as per set standards. Rotates through jobs as required. Comprehends basic computer skills and operates computerized inventory system. Performs housekeeping duties as required. Promotes safety in all areas. Performs any other related job duties.
What you will need:
- Preferably one year experience in manufacturing setting
- HS Diploma or GED preferred
- Able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screen
Masonite strives to maintain a target 0% safety incident rate. Safe production weaves worker safety with efficient production into our daily operations. We keep safety at utmost importance and want our employees to go home in the same condition as they arrived at work.
Open to extraordinary!
Open to extraordinary!
Location: Laurel, MS
Job date: Wed, 13 Jul 2022 01:46:24 GMT
Apply for the job now!