Job Vacancy General Engineer Exelon
Job title: General Engineer
Job description: We’re powering a cleaner, brighter future.
Exelon is leading the energy transformation, and we’re calling all problem solvers, innovators, community builders and change makers. Work with us to deliver solutions that make our diverse cities and communities stronger, healthier and more resilient.
We’re powered by purpose-driven people like you who believe in being inclusive and creative, and value safety, innovation, integrity and community service. We are a Fortune 200 company, 19,000 colleagues strong serving more than 10 million customers at six energy companies — Atlantic City Electric (ACE), Baltimore Gas and Electric (BGE), Commonwealth Edison (ComEd), Delmarva Power & Light (DPL), PECO Energy Company (PECO), and Potomac Electric Power Company (Pepco).
In our relentless pursuit of excellence, we elevate diverse voices, fresh perspectives and bold thinking. And since we know transforming the future of energy is hard work, we provide competitive compensation, incentives, excellent benefits and the opportunity to build a rewarding career.
Are you in?
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Develops studies, plans, criteria, specifications, calculations, evaluations, design documents, performance assessments, integrated systems analysis, cost estimates, budgets, associated with the planning, design, licensing, construction, commissioning, operation, and maintenance of Exelon’s electric generation, transmission, distribution, gas and telecommunication facilities/systems. Provides consultation and recommendations to the Company within and to other business units and/or customers as a result of studying company or customer-owned systems, processes, equipment, vehicles or facilities. Reviews financial data from budget and actual costs of projects. Operates independently and seeks guidance when appropriate. Position may be required to work extended hours for coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Performs engineering tasks associated with critical engineering projects or a number of small projects with many complex features.
- Performs assignments in areas where engineering precedents are incomplete, lacking or require broad experience.
- Evaluates, develops and implements projects that have moderate financial and operational impact.
- May serve as an expert for organization in a specific area or responsibility that may include the delivery of classroom training and/or OJT/OJE.
- Influences project decisions having a moderate impact on the company that may include leading employees or contractors in the commissioning of electrical systems and equipment to be placed On System.
- Applies technical knowledge to help promote a safe work environment and to enhance customer satisfaction.
Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or Licensed Professional Engineer (2) (3)
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex electrical and mechanical systems.
- Knowledge and ability to apply problem solving approaches and engineering theory
- Knowledge of engineering designs, principles and practices.
- Knowledge of complex field test equipment.
- 4-7 years of professional engineering experience (1) (3) (See Note).
- Broad knowledge and experience with regulations, guides, standards, codes methods, practices, and advanced engineering principles necessary to perform very complex or unique assignments for a specific
- Minimum of two related career experiences (4) (i.e., changes in technical job responsibilities, which may or may not include a change in department) OR
- Engineer in Training OR
- 50% complete (by hours) with advanced technical degree, M.B.A. or Project Management Certification
- (1) Master’s degree in Engineering reduces the OJT experience requirement by 1 year. (2) License must be issued by the state in which you are practicing. (3) PE License reduces the OJT experience requirement by 1 year. (4) Career related experiences is defined as changes in technical job responsibilities and does not have to include a change in department Note: Items (1) and (3) are mutually inclusive, whereby the maximum experience requirement reduction is one(1) year (e.g., in the case of an employee with both a master’s degree in Engineering AND a PE license, the minimum experience requirement would be reduced by one (1) year).
- Graduate degree (1) or Graduate level work in Engineering, Business Administration or Project Management Certification
- Licensed Professional Engineer (2) (3)
- Strong teamwork, interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with all management levels.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
Location: Washington DC
Job date: Thu, 31 Aug 2023 07:31:31 GMT
Apply for the job now!