Job Vacancy Front Office Trading Software Engineer/Developer NYC Global Investment Bank J Harlan Group
Job title: Front Office Trading Software Engineer/Developer NYC Global Investment Bank
Company: J Harlan Group
Job description: Front Office Trading Software Engineer/Developer
NYC Global Investment Bank
J Harlan Group is currently conducting a search for a Front Office Trading Software Engineer/Developer at a global investment bank to join a talented global trading technology team focused on high quality and consistent delivery to support the firm in meeting their business objectives.
An excellent opportunity for a software engineer with C++ and/or Python and working experience with SQL to join the firm’s New York Office as Front Office Trading Software Engineer/Developer. This a business facing role, Sitting on the Trading Desk with direct exposure to front-office investment personnel aligned to the Fixed Income, Currency and Commodities / Equities Trading Desks, supporting their strategic and tactical technological trading needs.
Bringing your sense of ownership, you will be accountable for prioritizing, requirements gathering and delivering software solutions in partnership with front-office and global investment teams.
Your innovation approach will be utilized as you work with proprietary systems to service front-office users in their day-to-day operations as well develop high quality, low maintenance software solutions for our key trading and risk systems.
Your drive for improvement will add value as you provide bespoke problem solving and troubleshooting, manage incidents and implementing tactical issues.
This fast growing and dynamic investment organization is experiencing exceptional growth and is looking for exceptional people to power its next phase of growth. The Front Office Developer will be a significant contributor in enabling their vision and helping the organization to grow and improve their Trading business.
The ideal candidate would have a background including a proven problem-solving, software development expertise in C++ and/or Python and an interest in financial markets.
- Programming experience in C++ and/or Python working experience with SQL.
- A strong computer science and technical background
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or Math with a background in Computer Science / Engineering, Mathematical or related educational background
- Experience with lively, organic, highly collaborative environments
- Ability to craft creative and practical solutions to problems and express those solutions in code.
- Must be an entrepreneurial, self-motivated, open-minded, conceptual, intelligent, bright individual who is intellectually honest & open to debate with excellent synthesis abilities.
- Strong desire to contribute and build a business – not just solve novel problems.
An individual who loves solving deep and complex technical and business problems and wants to have an outsized impact with the products they build and deliver. An individual with a passion for technology, high level of intellectual curiosity, a commitment to excellence and an unparalleled drive to deliver world-class software.
They seek candidates who are high-energy self-starters who want to join an investment banking firm on the leading edge of the global markets. The management team needs individuals of the highest professional caliber who are leaders, problem solvers, analytic, detail-oriented, and entrepreneurial. Everyone at the firm works in a highly collaborative and charged environment.
Successful candidates are:
- Analytic and relentless in pursuit of the right answer
- Strong communicators who excel at rapid synthesis
- Able to demonstrate sound business judgment
- Able to digest complexity while maintaining an understanding of the “big picture” of business needs
- Team players who are energized by a collaborative enterprise
If you or anyone in your network would be interested in this opportunity, please send resume to Jerry Goldberg at [email protected] or directly contact us at (212) 792-0099
About the Client:
The firm is a major Global Investment Bank with expertise in banking, they operate in over 50 countries and employ over 15,000 people worldwide. They’re one of the largest financial services providers in the world, and are also engaged in retail banking, credit cards, corporate banking, and wealth and investment management. They provide large corporate, government and institutional clients with a full spectrum of solutions to their strategic advisory, financing and risk management needs.
The firm’s employees maintain the highest professional and ethical standards. The firm has earned a reputation for honesty, fair dealing, and transparency in a competitive industry. They believe that these standards are the foundation for superior investment performance and are critical to delivering performance to clients
Location: New York City, NY
Job date: Sat, 27 Aug 2022 22:26:52 GMT
Apply for the job now!