Job Vacancy Food & Beverage Manager at Tao Group Hospitality (New Venue Openings – Lower East Side) Tao Group Hospitality
Job title: Food & Beverage Manager at Tao Group Hospitality (New Venue Openings – Lower East Side)
Company: Tao Group Hospitality
Job description: Position Summary: Responsible for supervising the daily operations and activities of the front-of-house employees in accordance with department policies and procedures, and the management of all front-of-house operations. Interacts with the dining room guests, fellow employees, and supervisors in a polite, courteous and hospitable manner to ensure gracious hospitality.
Duties and Responsibilities: including but not limited to
- Maintain professional appearance standards as directed in the Tao Group Hospitality Employee Handbook.
- Anticipate and accommodate needs of the guests.
· Supervises and coordinates employee responsibilities to ensure that the restaurant is running efficiently and profitably.
· Participates in interviewing, hiring, and training new applicants and employee development of all subordinates.
· Responsible for the scheduling of assigned department.
· Participates in growth opportunities and employee development of all front-of-house employees.
· Regulates all POS functions requiring a manager’s approval.
· Assists with job performance reviews.
· Addresses and resolves guest and employee concerns.
· Responsible for reconciling end-of-shift financials.
· Responsible for inventorying and ordering operational supplies.
· Ability to perform the job duties of all supervised employees.
· Possesses in-depth knowledge of all food and beverage menus.
· Ensures that the venue is compliant with all federal, state and local laws and regulations; and company policies.
· Ensures Department of Health and company sanitation standards.
· Practical knowledge of the job duties of all supervised employees.
· Communicates clearly and concisely with heart-of-house employees during service.
· Ensures the completion of all opening and closing procedures by FOH employees, as prescribed by company.
- Ensures the replacement or repair of all breakage, damage of equipment or furniture.
- Attends, leads and participates in any training sessions, departmental meetings or pre-service meetings.
- Learn by listening, observing other team members and sharing knowledge while leading by example.
- Portrays a positive and professional attitude.
- Demonstrates knowledge of venue, Tao Group Hospitality, its partners and supporting hotel environments.
- Works as part of a team and provides help and support to all fellow team members.
- Tao Group Hospitality Manager Training Program, PCI/DSS, Alcohol Awareness, Food Handling and Gaming Registration (where applicable).
Minimum Education and Qualifications:
· Minimum 2-3 years previous hospitality supervisory/management experience within a high-volume setting is essential.
· Two-year associate degree (60 credit hours) in Hospitality, Business etc. or equivalent work experience preferred.
· Strong guest service foundation, ability to coach, build a team, problem solve, and leadership skills required.
· Must be organized, self-motivated, and proactive with a strong attention to detail.
· Proficient with computers (Microsoft Products), POS and technology.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Must be able to stand, lift and bend for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to bend and lift to 50 lbs.
- Role may include job duties or tasks requiring repetitive motion.
- Exposure to hot kitchen elements or cleaning materials.
- Must be able to work and remain focused in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule inclusive of varying shifts such as days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. Tao Group Hospitality reserves the right to make changes in the above job description and all other duties assigned. Nothing herein shall restrict Tao Group Hospitality management’s right to assign or reassign tasks, duties, or responsibilities to this job at any time.
Tao Group Hospitality is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
If you are hired, we will require proof that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine or that you have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated.
Location: New York City, NY
Job date: Mon, 22 Aug 2022 03:49:51 GMT
Apply for the job now!