Job Vacancy Fleet & Transportation Manager Beer Capitol
Job title: Fleet & Transportation Manager
Company: Beer Capitol
Job description: Join the Frank Beverage Group Family of Companies! Frank Beverage Group is a family-owned and operated beer, wine and spirits distributor who stands for quality, excellence & a classic yet transformational brand that our customers can count on year after year. We hire exceptional people who will lead & make learning part of their own career journey. From distribution to marketing, from sales to service, inspiration can be found in many of our career positions.
Frank Beverage Group offers a great working environment & benefit program to full time employees:
- Great work and social environment
- Paid Time-Off
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- 401k Savings Plan
- Company Paid Life, Short Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Benefits
- And more!
Beer Capitol in Sussex, WI is now hiring for a Fleet and Transportation Manager. This position is responsible for directing, managing and implementing company strategies and objectives, while focusing on the health and safety of all transport drivers, trucks, vans and cars; all while operating in the best interest of the customer and the company.
- Work in conjunction with the Director of Operations and Distribution, along with the CFO to coordinate the purchases and leases of trucks, vans, and cars to insure they are in line with the company budget and are purchased at a competitive rate.
- Manage the purchase/sale and lease of all company trucks, vans and cars.
- Manage the fleet repairs, paints, and decals.
- Maintain fleet rosters for company insurance.
- Assign and unassign vehicles to employees as required.
- Manage Enterprise website.
- Prepare mileage and IFTA reports for Ryder.
- Prepare I-Pass and fuel reports.
- Sort Kwik Trip fuel bills for the Accounts Payable Department.
- Ensure registration and licensing, along with emission testing is up to date on all vehicles.
- Coordinate the installation of Geotab tracking and Lytx camera system in company vehicles.
- Manage Geotab and Lytx by user and update as needed.
- Manage all aspects of the transport staff. This is to include, but not limited to, hiring (in conjunction with HR), training, evaluating, dispatching, scheduling, etc.
- Manage the trucking and transportation relationships with our suppliers at all FBG locations: Sussex, Middleton, LaCrosse, and Milton along with other distributors as opportunities arise.
- Work closely with our ordering department to avoid any out of stocks.
- Work closely with our warehouse to avoid the uneven flow of products into our facilities.
- Participate in the lane bidding process of MolsonCoors, Pabst and Mike’s Hard Lemonade, along with any other suppliers that periodically have a bidding process for their hauling needs. Insuring that we are maximizing our compensation for hauling these products.
- When profitable, seek transportation opportunities with other distributors.
- Manage all aspects of the truck washing process.
- Know, apply and enforce company policies at all levels of employment.
- Achieve the company’s yearly financial and training objectives, for the transport team, through planning directing, controlling, implementing, evaluating, monitoring, and forecasting as needed to achieve goals.
- Conduct timely performance evaluations and salary reviews for assigned staff.
- Evaluate and recommend changes to methods and procedures in assigned areas of responsibility.
- Manage and assist in coordination effort between support departments within the organization.
- Develop and implement quarterly and yearly personal and departmental goals.
- Operate company equipment safely and according to company guidelines.
- Prepare budgets for the department and operates within approved budgets.
- Safeguard company property under your control by following all security procedures.
- Adhere and enforce all safety and security procedures.
- Understand OSHA and DOT Standards and apply them.
- All other duties as assigned by the company.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work in a fast paced, accuracy dependent environment safely.
- Ability to communicate clearly, calmly; and comprehend with either verbal or written communication to employees, supervisors, and managers.
- Possess good visual acuity at various distances with dimensional depth perception and color distinction.
- Possess an analytical and mechanical aptitude, also a good decision making capability.
- Ability to supervise and train staff.
- Must have strong leadership skills.
- Must have basic computer skills, and learn and operate company programs.
- Must Possess sufficient knowledge of company products to answer routine inquiries and knowledge of supplier policies especially freshness standards and product marking identifying the same.
- Know how to get to various locations that relate to the company’s business functions.
- Complete knowledge of all state and federal laws related to the company business.
- Present a positive and enthusiastic demeanor to customers, co-workers and management, while maintaining a professional and polite attitude.
- Class A CDL required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics or supply chain preferred or 5 years of related experience.
- Minimum four years management experience in a large distribution center/warehouse.
- Ability to frequently lift/lower up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to push and pull up to 50 pounds frequently, this includes the ability to bend over and push.
- Ability to walk, stand, stoop, crouch, kneel, bend, twist, grasp, work at heights, reach to various levels, with adequate sense of balance while working/using company equipment or products.
- Ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions: wet, dust, fumes, noisy, extreme hot or cold, and working outside in all types of Wisconsin weather.
We offer a professional, safe and friendly work environment as well as a comprehensive benefits package and competitive pay structure.
Beer Capitol is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Expected salary: $80000 per year
Location: Sussex, WI
Job date: Sun, 28 Jan 2024 23:18:46 GMT
Apply for the job now!