Job Vacancy Fire Alarm Project Technician Wachter
Job title: Fire Alarm Project Technician
Job description: Wachter’s greatest asset is the people who work here. Join the Wachter family and chart your career path!
Wachter is accepting applications for Fire Alarm Technicians for project work at various locations across the United States.
We seek self-motivated and reliable fire alarm technicians who can work independently and find solutions to complete the job. Long-term employment with competitive pay and exceptional benefits for qualified candidates. We value relationships and invest in our employees.
Benefits Package: Company Paid!
- Medical, Dental, Prescription & Vision Benefits
- Life, AD&D, and LTD insurance
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Teladoc & TriaHealth
- Company-Matched 401(k) and IRA Retirement Savings.
- Per-Diem paid when overnight travel is required.
- Drive time and mileage paid for use of a personal vehicle when travel is required.
- Company vehicle could be provided after initial 2-4 weeks of employment.
- NICET certification (Preferred).
- Available to travel.
- Current valid State required license(s) for low voltage/burglar alarm/fire alarm/security/CCTV.
- Experience reading blueprints and site maps.
- Knowledgeable about NFPA standards, including NFPA 70 and 72.
- Experience in burglar alarms, access control, and CCTV is a plus.
- Excellent customer relationship and communication skills; verbal and written.
- Knows how to troubleshoot switches, WiFi, and routers.
- Certified to operate a BOOM or scissor lift, and ability to work at heights.
- Has basic telecommunication tools, PPE, and reliable transportation.
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record; no DUI or DWI in the last three years.
- Install, repair, or upgrade fire alarm systems and program control panels for fire alarm systems with the guidance of building plans and electrical layouts.
- Mount sensors at appropriate locations, performing all necessary tasks, such as drilling holes for cabling and accessing locations such as crawlspaces or attics.
- Ensure all work complies with current codes and regulations.
- Run low voltage cabling in commercial buildings, including drilling concrete walls and limited conduit work.
- Complete all wiring, connections, and equipment installations ensuring that fire alarm systems are in compliance with electrical and fire codes.
- Tests to ensure all newly installed fire alarm systems and component devices are operational.
- Troubleshoot new system installations to ensure the proper functioning and to ensure the system meets local, county, state, or federal codes; legal and/or insurance requirements.
- Adhere to all required project safety requirements as set forth by Wachter, our customers, or OSHA.
- Perform any other duties not specifically stated herein, but which your supervisor may assign.
$20 – $35 an hour
Based on experience.
Wachter is a family-owned company since 1930 and we see each employee as a critical piece of the Wachter Family. With over 900 licenses across the country, Wachter serves commercial and industrial clients with the right technologies needed to keep them successful.
We design, install, and maintain the technologies that keep businesses operating efficiently. Our team of dedicated electricians, engineers, and technicians provides electrical, data, security, communications, and automation services to clients in numerous industries.
Follow us on , , , and .
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Expected salary: $20 – 35 per hour
Location: Fort Myers, FL
Job date: Fri, 25 Aug 2023 03:43:55 GMT
Apply for the job now!