Job Vacancy Financial Service Representative I Primeway Federal Credit Union
Job title: Financial Service Representative I
Company: Primeway Federal Credit Union
Job description: Title: Financial Service Representative (FSR) I
Department: Retail Operations Reports To: Retail Center Manager
Employment Status: Full Time Classification: Non-Exempt
This position calls for individuals who are Compassionate, Accountable, bring Real Value, Integrity, New ideas and provide Guidance to our members as well as the team. These key elements define PrimeWay’s culture. Another key aspect of this financial service position is to identify members’ financial needs and recommend appropriate solutions. Additionally, the Financial Service Representative I will assist members with their financial transactions involving cash and other negotiable monetary instruments.
Financial Service Representative Responsibilities:
- Demonstrating a commitment to the culture of PrimeWay by adhering to the G-VAL-HI promise, openly contributing to the success of others on the team, and by living by the core values that define the CARING culture
- Greeting members with a friendly, welcoming smile as they enter the building
- Receiving and processing member financial transactions including deposits, withdrawals, loan payments and merchandise sales
- Performing daily member services, such as opening and closing accounts, and account research
- Updating member information and records as requested according to standard operating procedures
- Completing requests for special services, such as statements copies, check copies, stop payment orders and debit cards
- Identifying, recording and reporting fraudulent activity to prevent potential losses
- Observing PrimeWay guidelines, policies, and procedures in order to adhere to compliance, regulations and security standards
- Demonstrating a functional knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act in addition to other Federal laws, including but not limited to: U.S. Patriot Act, Office of Foreign Assets & Control, Anti-Money Laundering, Right to Financial Privacy Act, and the Bank Bribery Act
- Establishing positive and productive working relationships at all levels within the organization
- Reviewing account profiles while performing Teller transactions in order to suggest appropriate PrimeWay products and services
- Building member relationships to ensure usage of PrimeWay FCU as their primary financial institution
- Facilitating discussions with members to uncover needs beyond those initially presented.
- Evaluating credit reports to present members with appropriate PrimeWay products and services
- Making outbound phone calls to existing members
- Originating and closing consumer loans in a timely manner by guiding the member through the process and setting proper expectations from application through to funding
- Demonstrating accountability of personal contributions toward all personal, team and organizational goals in the areas of loans, GAP, extended warranties, debt protection, deposits and service
- Submitting business partner referrals when appropriate
Knowledge and Skills of Financial Service Representative
- Ability to maintain significant levels of diplomacy and trust, in addition to normal courtesy and tact.
- Excellent communication skills; ability to use applicable computer software
- Ability to motivate or influence others
Education and Experience
- High school education or GED 6 months – 2 years relevant experience
- Credit Union or Banking experience: 2 years
- Perform primarily sedentary work with limited physical exertion and occasional lifting of up to 5 lbs. Must be capable of climbing/descending stairs in emergency situation. Must be able to operate routine office equipment including telephone, copier, facsimile, and calculator. Must be able to routinely perform work on computer for an average of 6-8 hours per day. Must be able to work extended hours whenever required or requested by management. Must by capable of regular, reliable and timely attendance.
Location: Houston, TX
Job date: Sun, 21 Aug 2022 07:47:54 GMT
Apply for the job now!