Job Vacancy Financial Aid Advisor II – Telecommunications Texas A&M University
Job title: Financial Aid Advisor II – Telecommunications
Company: Texas A&M University
Job description: Job Title Financial Aid Advisor II – Telecommunications
Agency Texas A&M University – Commerce
Department Financial Aid
Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate
Job Location Commerce, Texas
Job Type Staff
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
During the application process the “My Experience” page has a section provided “Attachments (Resume/CV, References, Cover letter, etc.)” to upload required documents.
- Use the Upload button to add each document.
- You will be able to upload up to 5 documents. Be aware that the maximum size allowed for any one document is 5MB.
- All documents must be electronically submitted through the Texas A&M Online Employment Services website to be considered.
- Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded from consideration.
- Please do not withdraw your application in an attempt to upload a missing document, instead please email HR for help.
Please provide the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references with complete contact information (Unsolicited letters of recommendation will not be considered).
- Transcripts (Unofficial will be accepted with application. Official transcripts are required upon acceptance of verbal offer).
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective staff member to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
If you need assistance, please contact us at
The Financial Aid Advisor II – Telecommunications, under direction of the CRM & Telecommunications Coordinator, resolves issues related to financial aid, assists students and parents with use and completion of financial aid applications, and troubleshooting support to the Enrollment Support Specialist and Front lobby personnel by responding to financial aid processing delays, concerns, and reviews of records. Provides support to the CRM & Telecommunications Coordinator and Associate Director of Financial Aid & Scholarships.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (15 or less):
- Responds to inbound/outbound telephone calls, general department emails and specific communication inquiries submitted by students regarding financial aid.
- Researches requested information, provides second level administrative support to Enrollment Solution Specialist and Front Lobby staff in order to troubleshoot issues related to financial aid.
- Provides financial aid program communications to incoming students regarding the application process for grants, loans, scholarships, work-study, and/or other information related to financial aid.
- Disseminates financial aid information regarding applications or any other information as required for current and prospective students.
- Maintains records on appropriate reports for tracking institutional effectiveness measures and capitalizes on opportunities to improve customer service and satisfaction.
- Inputs data and ensures the accuracy of all information entered into the financial aid management system (FAMS) system, BANNER and CRM technology.
- Researches questions and responds to customer inquiries accurately and expediently. Provides personalized customer service at the highest level. Understands and satisfies customer needs.
- Assist with processing of financial aid appeals and special circumstances
- Provide support to current and prospective students; Serve on advising rotation schedule.
- Assist with training of new hires for the Financial Aid Office and Front Line staff.
- Provides operational support to the CRM & Telecommunications Coordinator and Associate Director of Financial Aid and Scholarships when special projects are required.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience / Knowledge / Skills: One (1) year related experience. Knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet applications. Oral and written communication skills. Customer Service skills.
- Ability to: Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others. Ability to work individually or as a team. Ability to organize and make decisions.
- Requires: Some evening, weekends and travel. Hybrid work option available, stipulations may apply.
- Licensing/Professional Certifications: None
- Physical Requirements: None
- Other Requirements: Must be in good standing on any Federal student loans.
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
Experience in organization, planning or in higher education preferred. Bilingual preferred. A thorough and working knowledge of federal, state, and Texas A&M University- Commerce laws, regulations, practices and procedures pertaining to student financial aid a plus. Ability to access all Department of Education delivery systems. A thorough and working knowledge of BANNER.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
Location: Commerce, TX
Job date: Sat, 08 Jul 2023 22:41:50 GMT
Apply for the job now!