Job Vacancy FIELD TECHNICIAN- Telecommunication GPAC
Job title: FIELD TECHNICIAN- Telecommunication
Job description: Role is based primarily on maintenance, installation, minor parameter configuration, box-level repair, plus learning and growth.
- Can handle on-call shifts as a first responder.
- Is a certified CET in at least one journeyman category.
- Is factory-trained on specific ARMER-level equipment (MN)
- Motorola-certified in R56 system installation standards.
All the Installation Technician items below:
- Project management understanding, able to run with the process and document and perform as needed.
- Equipment failure diagnosis and repair of various type of equipment to the box level
- Participate in the on-call rotation as a first responder up to limits of training; able to communicate with customers to determine possible problem and act accordingly.
- Field tech basic site surveys; location, access, contacts, photographs
- Teaching and training others to reach this level.
- Install, troubleshoot, customer train, and maintain the following systems to the box level in shop and field:
- BDA systems; install, basic troubleshooting and operational verification.
- IP-based camera system configuration, installation, and testing.
- Camera systems; IP, analog, basic photography (lenses, lighting, etc)
- MCC7500; failure diagnosis
- Simulcast and multicast paging stations.
- Mobile equipment operating in a 12/24VDC environment; programming and testing.
- Portable communication devices and accessories; programming and testing
- Point-to-Point and multipoint microwave and data transport systems
- Two-Way communications; mobiles, portables, base stations, sites, repeaters, adjunct facilities, and devices, Astro/P25, DMR, analog
- Radio programming, bench and field, cloning, archiving, simple parameter changes, group, and solo programming/firmware upgrade participation
- RF Interference and intermodulation identification testing processes,
- Cloud-based PTT communication
- PC (personal computer); box-level troubleshooting, setup, software installs, backup, use as a testing tool, current CPS, Word, Xcel, etc.
Tools and Test Equipment:
- DVM, service monitors, IP cabling testers, POE substitution devices, wattmeters, PCs used as test equipment.
Expected salary: $40 – 45 per hour
Location: Spencer, IA
Job date: Fri, 28 Jul 2023 22:20:06 GMT
Apply for the job now!