Job Vacancy Field Services Operations Assistant BendBroadband
Job title: Field Services Operations Assistant
Job description: Overview
The Field Services Operations Assistant is a multi-faceted position responsible for coordination and completion of Field Service operational responsibilities in a centralized setting. It requires a high level of coordination of activities and personnel; maintaining records; and communicating with multiple teams, individuals, vendors, and customers to ensure on-time delivery of products and services to our customers. You will oversee and assist with inventory management; create and monitor purchase orders; track, scan, and distribute inventory through inventory tracking systems; and assist with inventory reconciliation.
Emphasis will be on performing Field Service support functions in a standardized process across all markets. You will interact frequently with multiple Field Service Managers, Associate Managers, Field Service Technicians as well as internal teams such as Facilities, Fleet Management, Order Management, Technical Support, and Network Services.
This position is eligible for a $2,000 sign-on bonus! (Payout terms apply)
The pay range listed for this position represents the low and high end of the base compensation range. The actual offer amount will carefully consider multiple factors, such as relevant skills, qualifications, work experience, location and/or competencies that align with the specified role. Certain positions are eligible for additional forms of compensation such as bonuses and equity awards.
TDS Telecommunications LLC (TDS Metrocom/TDS) is a leading provider of fiber internet service. With more than 50 years of experience, the growing communications company is building and deploying new, fiber optic networks in neighborhoods across the country to deliver up to 8 Gigabit internet speeds to homes and up to 10 Gigabit internet speeds to businesses. In addition, TDS provides innovative TV entertainment and advanced phone services. Visit to learn more.
TDS provides communications services to a mix of rural and suburban communities throughout the United States. The company employs more than 3,500 people nationwide and is a subsidiary of Telephone and Data Systems, Inc. (TDS Inc.), a Fortune 1000® company [NYSE: TDS]. Founded in 1969, Telephone and Data Systems provides wireless, broadband, video and voice; and hosted and managed services to approximately 6 million connections nationwide through its businesses: UScellular, TDS Telecom, and OneNeck IT Solutions. Visit for more information.
Responsible for performing inventory management duties across multiple markets such as repair and returns.
- Orders and processes orders for regulated and deregulated items
- Receives and tracks regulated & deregulated inventory
- Maintains appropriate inventory levels utilizing system applications (e.g., Inventory Use & Transfer Application, TPAT etc.), Plant Record Systems, SAP, and other TDS applications as appropriate
- Leads and assists with CPR audit and SOX compliance checks
- Inventory responsibilities include warehouse (receiving, scanning, shipping of equipment/supplies), vehicles, in-process orders, repairs, and delinquent shipments. Some markets may require the physical loading and unloading of shipments.
- Tracks delinquent shipments, tracks TDS projects, and maintains an accurate log of all purchase orders specific to Field Services. This includes working directly with Finance/Supply Chain and Field Service Support teams to maintain accurate and appropriate inventory levels
- Provides single point of contact for vendors, Supply Chain, and Finance groups
- Orders equipment, uniforms, office supplies, etc., using SAP and other online methods
Works cross-functionally with teams and manages communications and tasks to ensure on-time delivery of our products and services. This work often requires use of a variety of applications and requires excellent oral and written communications to multiple departments.
Performs and coordinates field operation tasks to appropriate collocations.
- Prepares initial Site Survey checklists
- Follows up on installs and retrievals from assigned field tasks
- Monitors FSA (Field Services Assistant) order queue and creates projects
- Follows up on reports from SAP for open and closed projects
- Reviews open order reports and takes action to ensure completion
- Ensures timely review and follow up of orders, tickets, and NRBY notifications
Supports Field Services teams with miscellaneous duties such as:
- Coordinates vendor meetings
- Processes invoices to Accounts Payable
- Assigns and maintains logs for test equipment and tools
- Orders and cancels access keys
- Returns equipment
- Maintains repair and vehicle logs,
- Updating contact list
- May occasionally operate a forklift.
- May perform office safety checks in certain markets (AED Check, First Aid Kit, fire extinguisher inventory and safety assurance checks)
Coordinates and/or Assists Field Service Managers with:
- Documenting, tracking, and submitting all information needed for manual bills in assigned territory
- Customer escalations
- Vendor escalations
Required Job Qualifications
- Associates degree (or higher) -OR- 2+ years professional work experience.
- 2+ years administrative support with internal and external customer experience OR current military service, or prior military service with honorable discharge
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Must follow the TDS attendance guidelines in order to meet TDS’s business needs including but not limited to our obligations to our customers and to our customers’ needs.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and take on increasing responsibilities as they evolve over time
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite products, preferably to include Excel and Word
- Understanding of telecommunications industry
- Understanding of telecommunication products and services
- Ability to adapt to rapid changes
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, customer service skills, and organizational skills
- Problem solving skills (e.g., customer complaints, troubleshooting)
- Multi-task management skills
- PC computer skills
- Time management skills
- Ability to be certified to operate a forklift
- Possess a valid driver’s license
Physical Demands and Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to sit, stand, write and operate a computer keyboard, standard office equipment and telephone. The associate regularly communicates with customers. The associate is frequently required to move about and reach for items. The associate may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Associates scheduled to work 20 or more hours per week have access to medical, dental, vision, life insurance, a 401(k) plan, and paid time off benefits such as vacation (15 days accrued per year for full-time; pro-rated for part-time associates working between 20-39 hours), sick leave (10 days accrued per year for full-time and pro-rated for all other associates), seven paid national holidays and one floating holiday, paid parental leave (2 weeks after 12 months of employment), among others. Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability coverage is also available for associates working 30 or more hours per week and Education Assistance is available to full-time associates. Associates scheduled to work under twenty hours per week or for a limited term (i.e. interns) are eligible for medical coverage, the 401(k) plan (if 18 or older), as well as sick leave (10 days accrued per year for full-time and pro-rated for all other associates). For more detail on the benefits we offer .
At TDS, we embrace Equal Employment Opportunity by valuing our differences and consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by law. To learn about our diversity & inclusion philosophy and culture, !
$18.60 – $27.91
Location: Helena, MT
Job date: Sun, 09 Jul 2023 06:41:27 GMT
Apply for the job now!