Job Vacancy Fiber I&R Tech – Montrose, PA Adex Telecom
Job title: Fiber I&R Tech – Montrose, PA
Company: Adex Telecom
Job description: Job Description
- Maintains/repairs and tests copper cable in an underground, aerial, or buried environment.
- Troubleshoots problems that will require copper repair, copper maintenance, copper slicing, faultfinding, etc.
- Splice existing facilities in buried, underground, aerial and building work locations.
- Uses hand tools, power tools, and specialty tools, including specialty meters (e.g., multi-meters, volt-ohm meters, HST-3000, Sidekick), in inside and outside plant facilities.
- Performs testing and turn-up of subscriber lines.
- Locates and repairs aerial and underground cable.
- Locates, joins, repairs and rearranges cable and cable equipment in buildings and aerial or buried plant. Installs, maintains/repairs, and tests residential/small business telecommunication service (POTS, Prism, Fiber and DSL).
- Connects wires and cables to terminals, frames, and attaches/detaches various kinds of hardware to wires, cables, buildings, and poles.
- Performs continuity and/or conformance testing.
- Reads and interprets customer service orders, technical (i.e., mechanical, electrical, digital) drawings, maps, blueprints, diagrams, etc.
- Receives service orders, worksheets (detailed diagrams describing nature and location of equipment to be installed or repaired) and repair tickets from supervisor or other designated employees and performs specified work.
- Works with telecom color-coded wires and cables.
- Interacts with customers professionally and courteously via telephone or on the premises.
- Works well with others to achieve common goals and to foster a cooperative climate, as well as work independently in the field with little supervision.
Location: Montrose, PA
Job date: Fri, 11 Aug 2023 05:31:56 GMT
Apply for the job now!