Job Vacancy Federal Telecommunication Systems Specialist Black & Veatch
Job title: Federal Telecommunication Systems Specialist
Company: Black & Veatch
Job description: Together, we own our company, our future, and our shared success.
As an employee-owned company, our people are Black & Veatch. We put them at the center of everything we do and empower them to grow, explore new possibilities and use their diverse talents and perspectives to solve humanity’s biggest challenges in an ever-evolving world. With over 100 years of innovation in sustainable infrastructure and our expertise in engineering, procurement, consulting and construction, together we are building a world of difference.
Company : B&V Special Projects Corp.
Req Id : 97679
Opportunity Type : Staff
Relocation eligible : No
Full time/Part time : Full-Time
Project Only Hire : No
Visa Sponsorship Available: No
Why Black and Veatch
Recognized by Glassdoor as a 2023 Top 100 place to work, Black & Veatch allows you to lend your talent and perspective to humanity’s biggest challenges in a flexible environment where you are empowered to grow and explore new possibilities. We offer competitive compensation; 401K match and benefits that start day 1. Our hybrid environment allows you to balance your work and personal life.
At Black & Veatch, you own your career with purpose and meaning. You are empowered to grow and explore new possibilities at every step of your career journey. Bring your big ideas knowing you are safe to be who you are and speak up with concerns or questions and put your diverse talents and perspectives to use.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Create concept and detailed technology systems designs, produces design drawings, specifications and design analysis documents
- Coordinate with a BIM team for drawing production, may personally produce some documents within Revit/CAD
- Perform quality control duties and independent technical reviews
- Manages assigned budgets and schedules
- Actively coordinates with all other internal/external team members on moderately complex projects
- Responsible for assisting with identification of key client interests and drivers and communicating to project team members
Other potential duties:
- May perform fieldwork and write assessment reports
- May present to clients with conceptual designs, design reviews, etc.
- May assist with creation of design guides and templates
- May provide support to business development or pursuit activities
The Black & Veatch Special Projects Corp. has its mission to provide a full range of services to our primary client base – U.S. Government agencies and departments. With the unique skill sets we have developed during the 100-plus years of service to our U.S. Government agencies client base, we are able to provide one-of-a-kind solutions to complex mission objectives that arise out of specific challenges faced by and unique to these agencies. Our primary areas of focus are: Architecture/Engineering (A/E) Services, Defense Program, Design/Build, Classified, and Environmental.
Assigned to projects for U.S. Government Agency/Department clients.
- Knowledge of NEC, IEEE, EIA, TIA, BICSI industry standards, codes and best practices related to the design of ICT, low voltage, and telecommunications systems.
- Strong knowledge of Structured Cabling Systems from a safety and constructability perspective.
- Strong knowledge of Inside Plant cabling infrastructure to include telecommunications spaces and pathways, copper, and optical fiber cabling and connectivity.
- Conceptual design experience
- Data Center, Audio-Visual Systems and Electronic Security Systems experience a plus but not a requirement
- Ideal candidates will be experienced in OSP design of copper and fiber optic facilities.
- Active US security clearance, or ability to obtain one
- Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
- Registered Communications Distribution Designer (RCDD) certification, or have the ability to obtain RCDD
- DCDC, PSP, CPP, CTS, CTS-D Certifications or the ability to obtain one or more of these certifications
Work Environment/Physical Demands
Black & Veatch prides itself on the support of our employees and providing flexibility to make the things that are most important to you, a priority. This is why we offer our professionals, located near an office, the option of a Hybrid work environment. Our hybrid work approach allows our employees to work two days a week from other locations outside of the office. Additionally this opportunity has the possibility of being located in any of our offices located across the U.S; click the link to see a full list of .
ENS: Eng & Technical Specialties
Black & Veatch endeavors to make accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process because of a disability, please contact the Employee Relations Department at +1-913-359-1622 or via our . This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only; you may not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications. General inquiries about the status of applications will not be returned.
Black & Veatch is committed to being an employer of choice by creating a valuable work experience that keeps our people engaged, productive, safe and healthy.
Our comprehensive benefits portfolio is a key component of this commitment and offers an array of health care benefits including but not limited to medical, dental and vision insurances along with disability and a robust wellness program.
To support a healthy work-life balance, we offer flexible work schedules, paid vacation and holiday time, sick time, and dependent sick time.
A variety of additional benefits are available to our professionals, including a company-matched 401k plan, adoption reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, vendor discounts, an employment referral program, AD&D insurance, pre-taxed accounts, voluntary legal plan and the B&V Credit Union. Professionals may also be eligible for a performance-based bonus program.
We are proud to be a 100 percent ESOP-owned company. As employee-owners, our professionals are empowered to drive not only their personal growth, but the company’s long-term achievements – and they share in the financial rewards of the success through stock ownership.
By valuing diverse voices and perspectives, we cultivate an authentically inclusive environment for professionals and are able to provide innovative and effective solutions for clients.
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please click . If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click and .
Notice to External Search Firms: Black & Veatch does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be obligated to pay a placement fee for unsolicited resumes. Black & Veatch Talent Acquisition engages with search firms directly for hiring needs.
Location: Columbia, MD – Overland Park, KS
Job date: Tue, 09 May 2023 23:38:06 GMT
Apply for the job now!