Job Vacancy Equities Electronic Trading Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) Developer Eclaro
Job title: Equities Electronic Trading Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) Developer
Job description: Assignment Detail
Industry: Financial Services
Equities Electronic Trading Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) Developer
Job Number: 22-04792
Grab the opportunity to achieve your full potential! Eclaro is looking for an Equities Electronic Trading Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) Developer for our client in New York, NY.
Eclaro’s client is one of the world’s largest financial institutions, committed to providing the tools and services that bridge the gap between customers and their goals. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Overview Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) is an exciting and emerging area that applies engineering discipline to proactively solve operational problems.
- SRE focuses on mitigating incidents while optimizing large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems.
- The SRE team has responsibility for improving overall availability, reliability, resiliency, monitoring, emergency response, latency, change management and capacity planning for services in the platform.
- The team provides applications and tools that are used by trading desks and there supporting communities to understand the state of trading platforms and orders that flow through them.
- As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will join an engineering team that focuses on engineering.
- Our culture is built on continuous learning and supported by transparency, trust, and cooperation.
- While there will be an operations aspect to the role, the bulk of your time will be spent in development.
- If you quickly become bored by performing manual tasks and you have a passion and the aptitude for writing software to replace this manual work, then this role will interest you.
- You will collaborate with Feature teams and Product Development partners to achieve a collective result.
- As part of the team, you will build applications, services, and tools that drive end-to-end automation, continuous monitoring, exception alerting, and metrics gathering for decision making in support of the Electronic Trading businesses.
- Responsibilities As an Engineer, you will work with teammates across Product Management, Architecture, Application Development, and Technology Infrastructure to deliver business critical features and site reliability non-functional requirements into the platform.
- With automation as a key motivator, you will implement predictive, preventative, and self-healing full stack monitoring; centralized logging to enable incident triage; execute on a High Availability (HA) and DR strategy that exceed RTOs; deliver automated Load Testing, with known capacity thresholds, to provide business scalable systems; provide application performance planning, monitoring, and tuning that exceeds key business process SLOs.
- You will be deeply involved in delivering the solution for change management automation, extending the current CI and CD pipelines.
- You will provide applications that are necessary for trading desks and there supporting communities to understand the state of trading platforms and the flow of orders and executions through them.
- Salary: $170,000 – 220,000
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years professional coding experience in Java
- Mastery of one or more scripting languages (e.g. Python, Bash)
- Deep understanding of Linux Operating System internals, Namespaces, and Containers Working knowledge of networking (e.g., firewall, routing, network topologies and hardware, SDN);
- Hands-on experience with Kubernetes orchestration platform
- SQL Database (e.g. Oracle) and No-SQL experience
- Experience with messaging systems and APIs (JMS, EMS, AMPS)
- Hands-on experience in a variety of SRE languages and tools (Ansible, Dynatrace, GitHub, Elastic Search, Logstash, Kibana, Grafana, Prometheus)
- Experience with SDLC process and Agile development practices (JIRA, Jenkins, Confluence, git)
- Experience with public cloud technologies
- Financial industry experience with understanding of Equities
If interested, you may contact:
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Location: New York City, NY
Job date: Sat, 25 Jun 2022 03:11:58 GMT
Apply for the job now!