Job Vacancy Equipment Operator Dycom Industries
Job title: Equipment Operator
Company: Dycom Industries
Job description: Job Description:
Overview and Essential Functions
Looking for your next career move in one of the largest growing industries in the country? TelCom Construction is hiring full-time Telecommunication Construction Equipment Operators. Our Equipment Operators safely and effectively run a variety of equipment used for the installation, repair and maintenance of underground telecommunications utilities.
What will you do?
- Safely and efficiently operate trenching or digging equipment on various jobsites: Plow, Backhoe/Excavator, Rock Saw, Dozer/Lead Tractor, Tractor Trailer (Moving Equipment/Haul Water)
- Install and maintain underground fiber optic and other telecommunications cabling service lines
- Restore and/or landscape disturbed areas of the jobsite
- Dig pits, trenches and potholes as directed by job plan including when crossing utilities either by hand and or by use of appropriate mechanical tools
- Site set-up and clean-up
- Load and unload tools, materials and equipment
- Set up safety perimeter using signage, cones and safety barriers (may include traffic direction)
- Must be experienced with Digging/trenching equipment and understand their capabilities and limitations
- Ability to follow instructions
- Basic ability to use small tools/hand tools.
- Ability to read and understand work orders, safety rules and operating instructions
- Must have a valid Driver’s License with an acceptable driving record – Unrestricted Class A CDL with Tanker Endorsement strongly preferred
- Must have good troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Must be very safety conscientious
- Must be able to effectively communicate with crew, customers and vendors
- May be required to work overtime: after regular business hours, weekends, or be on emergency on-call as needed
- Travel may be required
Previous construction experience or utility construction experienced * Ability to read prints and interpret utility maps to identify the type and size of underground utilities
- Climb into and out of equipment (trucks, cars, backhoes, trenchers, etc.)
- Must be able to lift/carry 50 lbs regularly and up to 100 LBS as needed with or without assistance
- Duties outlined in this position will require the employee to stand, crouch, sit, bend, use hands and fingers to handle or feel as well as reaching with hands and arms to spaces both high and low. The employee will be standing, walking, climbing, balancing, crawling, crouching, lifting, holding or stooping while on shift
- Ability to work while wearing safety boots, safety glasses and hardhat
- Remote work may be required – long driving and sitting will be required in these instances
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions which can include but is not limited to: extreme heat and cold temperatures; inclement weather such as wind, rain, snow, sleet and dust as well as adverse driving conditions including wet roads, icy roads, and fog
Specific vision abilities required to perform this job include but are not limited to: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus potentially near and/or far as needed * Employees in this job classification may be exposed to dust, fumes or other airborne pathogens
Benefits and Company Summary
- Paid lodging and per diem when overnight travel is required
- Company vehicles for crews to get to and from job sites
- Competitive Compensation
- Comprehensive benefit package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Accident, Critical Illness, Life and AD&D, Short and Long-term disability insurance, Legal, both traditional and ROTH 401k retirement plans with company match, Company stock purchase program and tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off
- 8 paid annual Holidays
- Full on-the-job training. Additional training for individuals demonstrating an aptitude and drive to expand their skill base (eg: equipment operation, utility locating, etc)
- Class A CDL Licensure program
- Rapid advancement is available for those who possess the determination and positive attitude to progress in their careers
- New and updated trucks and equipment
TelCom Construction is a full service, turnkey telecommunications utility contractor with a growing market presence within the industry. Headquartered in Clearwater, MN and with locations throughout the Upper Midwest, our focus on Midwestern values and continuously delivering a quality product with attention to safety, integrity and customer satisfaction has driven our success.
TelCom is proud to be an EEO/AA and Veteran-Friendly employer!
To apply for this opportunity, please visit our careers page at https://careers.telcomconstruction.com/telcom.
Our Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind including, based on disability and protected veteran status. The Company’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also the Company’s policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions. Please visit the following URL to view the EEO is the Law poster and the Supplement. (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm)
The Company also does not consider criminal convictions to be an absolute bar to employment and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Applicants applying for positions in Illinois are not required to disclose arrests or sealed or expunged records of convictions.
Location: Duluth, MN
Job date: Fri, 11 Aug 2023 06:13:28 GMT
Apply for the job now!