Job Vacancy Engineering Technician MACOM
Job title: Engineering Technician
Job description: MACOM designs and manufactures semiconductor products for Data Center, Telecommunication and Industrial and Defense applications. Headquartered in Lowell, Massachusetts, MACOM has design centers and sales offices throughout North America, Europe and Asia. MACOM is certified to the ISO9001 international quality standard and ISO14001 environmental management standard.
MACOM has more than 65 years of application expertise with multiple design centers, Si, GaAs and InP fabrication, manufacturing, assembly and test, and operational facilities throughout North America, Europe, and Asia. Click here to view our facilities. In addition, MACOM offers foundry services that represents a key core competency within our business.
MACOM sells and distributes products globally via a sales channel comprised of a direct field sales force, authorized sales representatives and leading industry distributors. Our sales team is trained across all of our products to give our customers insights into our entire portfolio.
Job Description: The engineering technician will run engineering and experimental tests of lasers. He will build, maintain, and improve test systems.
- Build test systems.
- Assemble and configure embedded systems.
- Connect equipment and run cables.
- Assemble fixtures and equipment racks.
- Configure instruments and instrument busses.
- Purchase equipment.
- Ship and receive equipment.
- Maintain test stations:
- Master test station operation and instrumentation.
- Troubleshoot problems with mechanical, electrical, and optical sub-systems.
- Assist with instrument calibration and keep records.
- Keep equipment inventory records.
- Simple troubleshooting of problems with automation software and computers
- Return equipment to manufacturers for repair and calibration.
- Do periodic maintenance service of equipment like motorized stages, recirculating chillers, optical spectrometers, probers, TECs, optics and etc.
- Tune test station operation and station calibration.
- Update instrument firmware.
- Keep track of and replace consumable items like probe needles.
- Maintain tools and tool sets.
- Improve test station performance:
- Observe operation weaknesses like slow operation.
- Make suggestions for test system improvements.
- Do engineering tests and make R&D measurements as directed by test engineers and development engineers.
- Associates degree in technology and four or more years of work experience relevant to this position.
- Mechanical assembly skills and mechanical fabrication skills
- Electrical/electronic/instrumentation troubleshooting skills like using a DMM and oscilloscope.
- Experience with RF instruments and cabling.
- Experience with instruments and devices like SMUs, switches, power meters.
- Experience with cabling and electronics assembly.
- Experience with optical fiber, optics, and electro-optics like lasers and photodiodes.
- Knowledge of instrumentation busses.
- Experience with embedded systems.
- Some computer hardware knowledge.
- General knowledge of MS Windows operating systems and computer networking.
- Microsoft Office and other software applications like mechanical drawing or circuit layout.
- Experience purchasing equipment or services from vendors and distributors.
MACOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. MACOM will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, marital status, or any other category protected under applicable law.
MACOM is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you have a disability and are in need of a reasonable accommodation with respect to any part of the application process please call +1-978-656-2500 or email [email protected]. Provide your name, phone number and the position title and location in which you are interested, and nature of accommodation needed, and we will get back to you. We also work with current employees who request or need reasonable accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
Location: Ithaca, NY
Job date: Fri, 01 Sep 2023 23:24:50 GMT
Apply for the job now!