Job Vacancy Engineering Manager, Low Voltage & Embedded Electronics ElectraMeccanica
Job title: Engineering Manager, Low Voltage & Embedded Electronics
Job description: Meet ElectraMeccanica, an innovative electric vehicle manufacturer that is ready to revolutionize how people commute! Drawing on a 60-year legacy of building and delivering high-end custom cars, our flagship vehicle is a single-seat, electric vehicle called the SOLO (NASDAQ: SOLO). The provided driving experience is an unrivaled combination of exhilaration, affordability and environmental consciousness. Now, we are eager to open our doors to our new 18-acre US Assembly and Engineering Technical Center in Mesa, Arizona. Needless to say, it’s electrifying times and we want to invite you to seriously consider joining our expanding team!
About our team? ElectraMeccanica has heart & soul! We hire dedicated, passionate, respectful and engaged contributors, who enjoy creating, solving and challenging the status quo. We have a dedicated team of people and continually seek to hire those who are always willing to roll up their sleeves. If we just described your personal values and work ethic here, we definitely want you to read on to see if this position sparks your interest.
We are seeking an Engineering Manager, Low Voltage & Embedded Electronics to join our lean and agile team in our Mesa, Arizona facility. This is a full-time role that reports to the Chief Engineer. A successful candidate will continuously innovate and find ways to efficiently deliver on the goals set for our engineering team.
- Manage and design & develop vehicle low voltage systems and embedded electronic component architecture.
- Lead the creation of reliability requirements for all components and subsystems related to low voltage embedded electronic components.
- Create logic topology diagrams and schematics detailing point to point wiring and component interactions pertaining to vehicle function.
- Create electrical device connectivity specifications required for vehicle architecture and functionality.
- Research new technologies and applications that will improve the efficiency and performance of ElectraMeccanica vehicles.
- Lead system verification and validation activities inclusive of DVP&R and DFMEA’s.
- Lead the creation of reliability requirements for all components and subsystems related to low voltage electronics.
- Drive FMEA feedback sessions in order to ensure alternative solutions are developed and validation testing is improved.
- Create test simulations and conduct failure analysis to understand the root cause of all issues related to low voltage electronics.
- Create designed experiments (DOE) to explore alternative choices on materials, processes and designs related to low voltage.
- Guide and support the creation of in-house best practices. Actively participates in the development and continuous improvement of operating procedures.
- Manage, mentor and develop a team of engineers providing leadership and guidance.
- Conducts performance management and sets goals with their team members.
- Establish a level of accountability within their team, through empowering and establishing clear responsibilities.
- Displays dedication, time management, cadence and effectively elevates their team when needed.
- Assists with recruiting and building an effective engineering team.
- Other duties as occasionally required by company leadership
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent education) is required.
- A Professional Engineering (P.Eng) or equivalent designation is considered an asset.
- 15+ plus years of engineering experience is required for this role.
- 8+ years of experience with low voltage & embedded electronics in the Automotive industry is required.
- 5+ years of management & leadership experience is required.
- High Level of Computer Literacy (including spreadsheets).
- Excellent Verbal & Written communication skills – builds effective relationships across departments.
- Team player – exhibits great leadership and coaching skills.
- Innovative and creative – loves building in the abstract and working without procedures.
- Initiative to develop and implement process improvements. Continuous improvement outlook.
- Abides by Health & Safety standards and emphasizes their importance to team members.
- Legally able to work in The United States of America.
One last important note… we work hard, but we play hard too! In fact, our new facility is planned to incorporate modern, dedicated spaces for our employees to dine, engage, relax, and play. We also provide the following comprehensive benefits package that supports our employee’s health, wellness, retirement, and work-life balance:
Medical, dental, and vision plans
Generous paid time off
401k with company match
Short-term and Long-term disability benefits
Corporate fitness/wellness discounts
While we greatly appreciate all candidate applications, we only contact those individuals who best meet the required position qualifications. Thank you in advance for considering ElectraMeccanica!
Location: Mesa, AZ
Job date: Wed, 03 Aug 2022 22:44:38 GMT
Apply for the job now!