Job Vacancy Engineer II (Telecommunications) – Verizon Crown Consulting
Job title: Engineer II (Telecommunications) – Verizon
Company: Crown Consulting
Job description: Company Description
Crown Consulting, Inc. strives to connect people through driving aviation innovation and expanding aerospace and telecommunications infrastructure. We have been making a difference for our FAA and NASA customers for over 30 years, developing and supporting programs that allow the FAA to coordinate responses to natural disasters; plan use of airspace; simulate air traffic demand; develop methods and techniques to improve the efficient use of the National Airspace; and contribute to the safe and effective control of air traffic. Our work in air traffic and flight simulation has provided the FAA the tools that are used today to effectively manage constraints imposed by severe weather or closed runways.
We offer a competitive benefits package including matching 401K, comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans. We have been voted one of the best places to work in the Washington, DC area. We have built this reputation by hiring great people who value and support the mission of our customers. Come experience the Crown difference.
Crown was voted as “One of the DC region’s Top Workplaces in 2021.”
Crown is seeking a Engineer II to support the Test & Evaluation team with Verizon. The candidate will primarily be responsible for working independently with minimal supervision and assists in assessing complex problems and investigates, develops, appraises, selects, and presents solutions.
This position supports work to plan, establish and conduct laboratory testing of telecommunications equipment, software and procedures as well as prepare supporting documentation. Experience with up-to-date telecommunications systems is required and FAA telecommunications systems is preferred but not required.
- Assist in telecommunications network specifications development, implementation, testing, and documenting engineering systems and equipment.
- Initiate concept development and trade-off studies
- Consult extensively with internal co-workers and teammates customer representatives and employees
- Direct the design of electronic or mechanical devices down to the subsystem level
- Devise appropriate tests to use in evaluating, debugging, and checking of equipment and systems for accurate and dependable conformance to specifications
- U.S. Citizenship is required. Candidates must be able to obtain Public Trust.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or other relevant fields is required
- Must have 6-10 years of relevant experience
- Experience with up-to-date telecommunications systems is required
- FAA telecommunications systems is preferred but not required
Visit: for additional information on our company.
Crown is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As a government contractor, most of Crown’s positions require US Citizenship.
Persons unable to complete an online application should contact Crown HR for assistance at (703) 650-0663 ext. 4011.
Crown is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Location: Richardson, TX
Job date: Fri, 28 Jul 2023 03:42:16 GMT
Apply for the job now!