Job Vacancy Engineer II-OSP Windstream
Job title: Engineer II-OSP
Job description: Job Description Job ID:23002599
About the Role:
Windstream’s team of Outside Plant Engineers I/II connects consumer and small business partners to our leading telecommunications products across the United States. In this role you will work to create meaningful connections with customers and build long-term relationships. Design and develop complex solutions for network construction. By analyzing a variety of data, you will solve complex problems for our business and residential customers utilizing copper cable, fiber cable, and electronics
What You’ll Do:
- Engineer/Design Outside plant facilities including fiber and copper
- Assist in the planning, analysis, design and engineering of outside plant network structures and facilities,
- Organize complex activities for the development, construction, implementation, and maintenance of Outside plant engineering projects.
- Utilize sound engineering practices and company objectives to resolve issues in a creative and effective way.
- Skillfully communicate to establish and maintain positive and productive working relationships and drive projects to completion
- Actively engage with field engineers and design vendors to engineer/design projects to ensure safe installation, meet demanding timelines and provide cost-effective utilization of materials and labor.
- Perform administrative work relating to projects and assignments.
- Identify pole ownership, right of way and permit requirements
- Communicate with city, county and state permitting agencies
- Assess situations, collaborate, and identify key issues, and solve complex problems.
Do You Have?
- Strong and effective technical communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office tools including Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Ability to be a self-starter, able to work with little guidance
- Ability to work in a self-directed work group, work easily with others and be a team player
- Ability to analyze problems and priorities and make decisions
- A love of solving problems and building solutions
- College Degree – Technical 4-year degree (STEM) or related field and/or 2 years applicable professional level technical experience.
- CAD/E, MicroStation, AutoCAD or other similar design programs
- Previous telecommunication engineering experience or courses in engineering
- Experience working with city, county and/or state agencies
- PE license and job review experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance Plans
- 401K Plan
- Health & Flexible Savings Account
- Life and AD&D, Spousal Life, Child Life Insurance Plans
- Educational Assistance Plan
- Identity Theft, Legal, Auto & Home and Pet Insurance
Windstream DEI&B Statement:
Connecting people in a world of infinite possibilities. At Windstream, we celebrate the authenticity and uniqueness of our people and their ideas. The diverse voices of our employees fuel our innovation and the inclusive, equitable culture we are building fosters belonging and empowers each one of us to create amazing customer experiences.
Our Employee Resource Groups:
- WinVets – Veteran Employee Resource Group
- WOW – Women Employee Resource Group
- WINPRIDE – LGBTQ+ Employee Resource Group
- WBPN – Black Professional Resource Group
- WARG – Ability Resource Group
- LaFamilia -Hispanic Resource Group
Windstream Holdings, Inc. is a leading provider of advance network communications and technology solutions for consumers, small businesses, enterprise organizations and carrier partners across the U.S.
Text Windstream to 97211
#LI-MS1 Actual base pay for this job will depend on the candidate’s primary work location and other factors, such as relevant skills and experience.
Job Requirements Qualifications
Minimum Requirements: College degree in Engineering or a related field and 2-4 years professional level experience; or 6 years professional level related Engineering/Technical experience; or an equivalent combination of education and professional level related Engineering/Technical experience required. * This is a safety sensitive position.
EEO Statement: Windstream is an equal opportunity employer. At Windstream, we celebrate the authenticity and uniqueness of our people and their ideas. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, protected veteran status, current military status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, creed, citizenship status, or any other status protected by law, and to give full consideration to qualified disabled individuals and protected veterans. The diverse voices of our employees fuel our innovation and our inclusive culture. Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing.
Location: Hudson, OH
Job date: Sat, 02 Sep 2023 03:30:56 GMT
Apply for the job now!