Job Vacancy Engineer I/II-OSP Windstream
Job title: Engineer I/II-OSP
Job description: About the Role:
Windstream’s team of Outside Plant Engineers I/II connects consumer and small business partners to our leading telecommunications products across the United States. In this role you will work to create meaningful connections with customers and build long-term relationships. By analyzing a variety of data, you will solve complex problems for our business and residential customers utilizing copper cable, fiber cable, and electronics.
What You’ll Do:
- Engineer/design outside plant facilities including fiber and copper
- Assist in the planning, analysis, design and engineering of outside plant network structures and facilities
- Organize complex activities for the development, construction, implementation, and maintenance of Outside plant engineering projects.
- Utilize sound engineering practices and company objectives to resolve issues in a creative and effective way.
- Skillfully communicate to establish and maintain positive and productive working relationships and drive projects to completion
- Engineer/design projects to ensure cost-effective utilization of materials and labor.
- Perform administrative work relating to projects and assignments.
- Assess situations, collaborate and, identify key issues, and solve complex problems.
- Conduct 70% of work in the field and 30% in the office on average; varies per market.
Do you Have?
- Strong and effective technical communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office tools including Excel, Word and Outlook
- Ability to be a self-starter, able to work with little guidance
- Ability to work in a self-directed work group, work easily with others and be a team player
- Ability to analyze problems and priorities and make decisions
- A love of solving problems and building solutions
- A college degree in Engineering or similar discipline and/or 2+ years technical experience
- CAD/E, Microstation, AutoCad or other similar design programs
- Previous telecommunication engineering experience or courses in engineering
- Experience working with city, county and/or state agencies
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance Plans
- 401K Plan
- Health & Flexible Savings Account
- Life and AD&D, Spousal Life, Child Life Insurance Plans
- Educational Assistance Plan
- Identity Theft, Legal, Auto & Home and Pet Insurance
Windstream DEI&B Statement:
Connecting people in a world of infinite possibilities. At Windstream, we celebrate the authenticity and uniqueness of our people and their ideas. The diverse voices of our employees fuel our innovation and the inclusive, equitable culture we are building fosters belonging and empowers each one of us to create amazing customer experiences.
Our Employee Resource Groups:
· WinVets – Veteran Employee Resource Group
· WOW – Women Employee Resource Group
· WINPRIDE – LGBTQ+ Employee Resource Group
· WBPN – Black Professional Resource Group
· WARG – Ability Resource Group
· LaFamilia –Hispanic Resource Group
Windstream Holdings, Inc.is a leading provider of advanced network communications and technology solutions for consumers, small business, enterprise organizations along with carrier partners across the United States.
Minimum Requirements: College degree in Engineering or a related field and 2-4 years professional level experience; or 6+ years professional level related Engineering/Technical experience; or an equivalent combination of education and professional level related Engineering/Technical experience required. This is a safety sensitive position.
Location: Live Oak, FL – Alachua, FL
Job date: Thu, 31 Aug 2023 07:04:59 GMT
Apply for the job now!