Job Vacancy Electrical Engineering Intern (Chicago) Burns & McDonnell
Job title: Electrical Engineering Intern (Chicago)
Company: Burns & McDonnell
Job description: Our Engineering Interns are responsible for performing tasks requiring the application of standard engineering techniques and procedures. This includes standard design of engineering systems, correcting and updating designs, assisting lead engineers with various project duties, and other duties as assigned.
Specific assignments and project work vary depending on the market segments. Please see below for information on each market:
1898 & Co
1898 & Co. is a global business, technology and security consultancy serving critical infrastructure industries. We partner with clients from all sectors of the economy (utilities, manufacturing, oil, gas and chemicals, ports, and government) to plan, secure and optimize their business. We turn business and technology insights into strategic solutions for critical infrastructure industries.
Aviation & Federal
The Aviation & Federal group is responsible for program management, master planning, facility design commissioning, and operational systems design of commercial aviation and Federal & Military projects, including buildings, infrastructure, hangars, passenger terminals, fueling & ramp services, runways, and aviation support facilities.
The Energy group is responsible for the planning, design and startup of power generation technologies including gas turbines, solar, batteries, hydrogen, carbon capture and nuclear plant services.
The Global Facilities group is responsible for the planning and design of manufacturing facilities, administrative buildings, district energy systems, data centers, and mission-critical facilities. They work in a variety of industries including food and beverage, consumer products, healthcare, commercial, life sciences, pharmaceutical, and aerospace manufacturing industries.
Transmission & Distribution
The Transmission & Distribution group is responsible for the planning and design of electrical transmission projects in power delivery, including overhead transmission, underground transmission, distribution systems, substation design, telecommunication & network engineering, pipelines, renewable power integration, security, grid modernization and more.
The Water group is responsible for the planning and design of facilities and processes related to drinking water supply, treatment and distribution, wastewater treatment, stormwater management, and more. They provide services to all levels of government and a variety of industrial clients.
- Pursuit of Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related degree from an accredited program.
- Currently enrolled, and in good standing, in a post-secondary education and/or technical certificate program in a field related to the work done in the department.
- Minimum of a 3.0 GPA strongly preferred.
- Prior internship and/or related consulting experience preferred.
- Actively involved in campus, community or other volunteer activities or organizations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Basic knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office programs, including, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Self-motivated and eager learner, aptitude to grow and develop within the field.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis without requiring future sponsorship for employment visa status.
Location: Chicago, IL
Job date: Sat, 02 Sep 2023 03:48:19 GMT
Apply for the job now!