Job Vacancy Electrical Engineer Intern – (St. Louis) Burns & McDonnell
Job title: Electrical Engineer Intern – (St. Louis)
Company: Burns & McDonnell
Job description: Our Engineering Interns are responsible for performing tasks requiring the application of standard engineering techniques and procedures. This includes standard design of engineering systems, correcting and updating designs, assisting lead engineers with various project duties, and other duties as assigned.
Specific assignments and project work vary depending on the market segments. Please see below for information on each market:
The Energy group is responsible for the planning, design and startup of power generation technologies including gas turbines, solar, batteries, hydrogen, carbon capture and nuclear plant services.
The Global Facilities group is responsible for the planning and design of manufacturing facilities, administrative buildings, district energy systems, data centers, and mission-critical facilities. They work in a variety of industries including food and beverage, consumer products, healthcare, commercial, life sciences, pharmaceutical, and aerospace manufacturing industries.
Transmission & Distribution
The Transmission & Distribution group is responsible for the planning and design of electrical transmission projects in power delivery, including overhead transmission, underground transmission, distribution systems, substation design, telecommunication & network engineering, pipelines, renewable power integration, security, grid modernization and more.
- Pursuit of Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related degree from an accredited program.
- Currently enrolled, and in good standing, in a post-secondary education and/or technical certificate program in a field related to the work done in the department.
- Minimum of a 3.0 GPA strongly preferred.
- Prior internship and/or related consulting experience preferred.
- Actively involved in campus, community or other volunteer activities or organizations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Basic knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office programs, including, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Self-motivated and eager learner, an aptitude to grow and develop within the field.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis without requiring future sponsorship for employment visa status.
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Job date: Sat, 02 Sep 2023 02:53:42 GMT
Apply for the job now!