Job Vacancy Electrical Distribution Electrician Corteva
Job title: Electrical Distribution Electrician
Job description: Description
At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow what’s next. No matter what your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture – solving the world’s food problems through innovation, technology, and putting people first. We have an exciting opportunity for an Electrical Distribution Maintenance (EDM) Electrician to join our company at our Midland, MI facility. The EDM is responsible for the maintenance and reliability of the power distribution system equipment and electrical equipment in an industrial plant environment. This role is for a highly motivated person with leadership skills, flexibility in working with others, proficiency in electronic tools, who embraces an ownership culture. This position will be aligned to the Electrical Distribution Maintenance workgroup within Infrastructure Services in Corteva Michigan.
*Please note there is NO relocation allowance or visa sponsorship available for this position.
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Enjoy competitive wages based on qualifications, education, and experience.
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits; new hires start with 4 weeks off each year. We also have excellent paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave.
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more.
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your FIRST day of employment.
- And much, much more!
Responsibilities – What You Will Do:
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Perform electrical work on the site power distribution electrical equipment with voltages up to 138kV. This includes maintaining, repairing, and testing of medium and high voltage power distribution equipment including transformers, switchgear, breakers, relays and battery systems. As well as clearing, switching, and grounding activities on electrical equipment.
- Assemble and wire relay panels for planned maintenance upgrades.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and provide effective repairs to all the components of electrical equipment and distribution systems.
- Develop or update procedures.
- Mentor / train others.
- Prepare and maintain appropriate records on equipment and facilities.
- Provide Subject Matter Expert support to projects and Root Cause Investigations.
- Successfully complete on the job training and hands on proficiency skill test with all applicable equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements – Who You Are:
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- You have your high school diploma/GED.
- You have a valid US drivers license.
- You identify, prioritize, and safely accomplish tasks and problem solve to overcome obstacles.
- You are able to read/understand wiring diagrams and control circuits for specific electrical equipment including substation drawings.
- You have experience using Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word, etc) and pick up quickly on new software systems.
- You are organized, stay committed to timelines, exhibit good judgment and are flexible in adapting to priority changes/demands.
- You are able to work independently as well as in a team setting and are able to display good influential leadership skills when needed.
- You are always conscientious about safety, quality, and process compliance.
- You have a high level of professionalism and are always punctual and responsible.
- You possess strong verbal and written English communication skills.
- You are willing and able to work a primarily daytime schedule of Monday through Thursday (10 hour shifts for a total of 40 hours of planned work time) with some overtime and on call rotation as needed to meet business needs.
Preferences – It Would Be Great If You Have:
- Experience working on high voltage maintenance, testing, and troubleshooting.
- Experience with higher voltage power distribution equipment such as transformers, switchgear, breakers, relays, and battery systems (up to 15,000 Volts).
- A state of Michigan Electrical License; must be willing and able to obtain a Michigan electrical Journeyman license if not already licensed.
- Technical degree or associates degree.
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? We seek applicants from all backgrounds to ensure we get the best, most creative talent on our team. Start by applying to this opportunity today!
Location: Midland, MI
Job date: Tue, 06 Sep 2022 22:31:11 GMT
Apply for the job now!