Job Vacancy Electrical and System Field Engineer Vinci Construction
Job title: Electrical and System Field Engineer
Company: Vinci Construction
Job description: Company Overview:
As the Electrical and System Field Engineer on the $3.3BN Hampton Roads Bridge-Tunnel Expansion Project (HRBT) in Virginia, you will follow the construction, testing & commissioning done by the discipline contractors and the construction teams to ensure compliance with the operational requirements of the project.
The Hampton Roads Connector Partners JV (HRCP) consisting of VINCI Construction, Dragados, and Flatiron has been selected to construct the $3.3BN Design-Build project –the largest civil construction contract ever awarded by the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT).
The project scope across a 9-mile section of the I-64 will include a new 3.5-mile bridge-tunnel crossing that will accommodate a total of 8 lanes of capacity across the water, replacement of the existing marine approach bridges, and the addition of a third lane on I-64 in each direction. The twin 45 diameter 1.5-mile tunnels will be bored by TBM, creating the second-largest TBM tunnel opening for a TBM in North America. The project is expected to continue to the end of 2025.
Principle Accountability and Responsibility:
- Follow up of the construction works
- Follow up of the Testing & commissioning works
- Approval and participation of the quality plan for the construction and T&C checks
- Manage daily activities deliverables and costs associated within the department
- Utilization of key performance indicators to follow-up of work progress
- Management and follow-up of Subcontractor work and construction/commissioning work reporting to the head management
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Construction Management or Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum five years of professional experience on follow up and quality inspection for the Electrical and system discipline
- Experience in Installation, testing & commissioning of SCADA systems, CCTV, ITS Network, Radio telecommunication, Toll systems, Road and Tunnels system
- Manage daily activities and costs associated with the department
- Problem-solving and providing clear, supported, and concise recommendations to management
- Willing to work frequent nights or a weekend work schedule
Key Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience in quality checks for construction, testing & commissioning work
- Strong Leadership skills, able to manage the team
- Organizational and planning skills
- Reporting skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- A good listener with a practical view of safety and an understanding of others needs/requirements
- Good communication
- Team player
Location: Norfolk, VA
Job date: Tue, 29 Aug 2023 22:31:51 GMT
Apply for the job now!