Job Vacancy Each / Order Pick – Distribution Center Bartell Drugs
Job title: Each / Order Pick – Distribution Center
Company: Bartell Drugs
Job description: Why You’ll Love Working Here
Discover your next chapter at the nation’s oldest drugstore chain! We have been NW grown for 130 years and counting. At Bartell Drugs, you have the opportunity to make your career goals a reality – working alongside bright, dedicated and caring individuals who are passionate about the health, well-being and happiness of our neighbors.
We’re passionate about serving our customers, supporting the health and wellness needs of our community, and showcasing on our shelves over 150 local partners, all made right here in the Pacific Northwest.
Bartell Drugs, your neighborhood drug store since 1890, is looking for a high energy, dependable, hard-working order picker for our Distribution Center in Des Moines, WA! The scheduled shift is Monday – Friday from 7:00 am to Completed (approx. 3:30 pm). There is room for advancement at the Distribution Center as well as the Company at large! Starting pay is $17.50 per hour with a generous benefit package and great work environment.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- To pick store orders and place in totes, or on pallets.
- To pull order accurately and quickly.
- Make decisions, count merchandise quantities, and identify the proper location for merchandise in a timely and accurate manner.
- Use good judgment to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Be able to deal with variables that occur on occasion that might deviate from the normal working situation.
- Be a team player with a positive can-do attitude.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have the ability to quickly and accurately perform addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division of whole numbers, decimals and fractions.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and comprehend conversational English to be able to read stock orders, safety rules and instructions in the use of machinery.
- Previous warehouse/distribution center experience preferred.
Bartell Drugs / Rite Aid is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, marital status, creed, religion, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
As a condition of employment, applicants offered a role will be required to successfully pass our pre-employment background screen, receive a negative drug screen result, and confirm eligibility to work in the United States. We participate in E-Verify.
Physical Requirements With or Without Accommodation:
- Stand on concrete floor for long periods of time.
- Make visual comparisons and see slight differences in shapes and sizes of figures, widths and lengths of lines.
- Move hands, fingers and eyes rapidly and accurately in making precise movements with speed.
- Extend hands, arms in all directions; seizing, holding, grasping, picking merchandise mainly with the use of fingers.
- Move fingers and manipulate small, medium and larger items rapidly and accurately.
- Must be able to squat, kneel and bend below the waist-level to lift up to 50lbs from floor to chest.
- Frequently obtain merchandise from below waist-level and raise it to above the head.
- Use electronic hand-held devices for order fulfillment.
- Work in a safe and efficient manner
Expected salary: $17.5 per hour
Location: Des Moines, WA
Job date: Sat, 17 Sep 2022 22:59:06 GMT
Apply for the job now!