Job Vacancy Driver Manager – Dedicated Transportation Ryder
Job title: Driver Manager – Dedicated Transportation
MOVE YOUR CAREER FORWARD WITH RYDER !
Be a vital player for one of the largest and most recognizable names in
Logistics, Transportation, Fleet Maintenance and Supply Chain Services in the World!
We are seeking the best and most promising candidates to provide creativity, agility and superior customer service that will exceed our Customer’s expectation. If you possess a strong work ethic and a burning desire to succeed and grow your career, then we have an opportunity for YOU!
The Driver Manager directly manages the drivers for an assigned geographical area. This purpose of this role is to manage and coach these drivers on their jobs and safety; to ensure they are having a positive employee experience at Ryder; and, to ensure we meet our customer’s expectations.
If your work experience and/or education aligns with the Requirements and Responsibilities listed below, APPLY NOW!!
- Directly manage the day to day work of the drivers.
- Responsible for professional, timely and effective internal and external drivers interaction via phone calls and system messages, by building and maintaining a positive attitude to strengthen driver engagement in order to minimize turnover and improve driver satisfaction and productivity.
- Maintain driver detention time.
- Review any Lytx events and coach drivers accordingly. Document behaviors in Workday. Issue Risk Associated Behaviors (RABs) according to Ryder policy,
- Review HOS violations in Geotab and coach drivers on the related violations. Document violations in Workday as necessary.
- Responsible to ensure the tracking of driver attendance, pay, status, etc., in Workday.
- Provide ongoing direction and leadership to drivers to ensure excellent customer service, KPI achievement and the development of our drivers.
- Collaborate with others in the company to identify and implement local and national creative solutions to improve driver retention.
- Manage driver payroll, and ensure drivers have quality time at home.
- Ensure driver training is in compliance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- OtherMakes decisions in a a timely manner
- OtherStrong oral and written communications skills
- Other Ability to create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups, customers, supervisors)
- OtherAbility to work independently and as a member of a team
- OtherFlexibility to operate and self-driven to excel in a fast-paced environment
- OtherCapable of multi-tasking, highly organized, with excellent time management skills
- OtherDetail oriented with excellent follow-up practices
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to engage and coach employees
- Creatively Problem Solve
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access) is requiredadvanced required
- Logistics industry knowledge advanced required
- Knowledge and understanding of Customer/Company local and Federal regulationsadvanced required
- Fundamental knowledge of Supply Chain Management componentsintermediate required
- H.S. diploma/GED required General
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in Business, Logistics, Supply Chain
- Two (2) years or more relevant experience in supply chain, logistics, warehouse or industry related field. preferred
- Two (2) years or more direct supervisory/leadership experience required
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access) is required. advanced required
- Logistics industry knowledge advanced required
- Knowledge and understanding of Customer/Company local and Federal regulations. advanced required
- Fundamental knowledge of Supply Chain Management components. intermediate required
DOT Regulated: None
In addition to a comprehensive benefit package, a 401(K) Savings Plan with a company match, discounted stock purchase options and performance-based annual cost of living increases, we are proud to offer:
- Comprehensive training and the ability to continue your professional development
- Regional and local Ryder resources to help guide and support as we grow this offering.
- The stability and peace-of-mind that comes with working for a World-Class, Fortune 500 organization that has been in business for over 85 years with over 36,000 employees worldwide.
- 12 weeks of paid maternity leave.
- Additional day of Paid Time Off for Military Veterans.
You MUST be willing to commit yourself to align with our core values: Trust, Innovation, Expertise, Collaboration and Safety. The ability to embrace and utilize Technology as part of your daily routine is crucial.
In addition, YOU are the management and professional representative of the Ryder organization.
Job Category: Logistics
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
If you are a current employee at Ryder (not a Contractor or temporary employee through a staffing agency), please click here (http://wd5.myworkday.com/ryder/d/task/1422$3.htmld) to log in to Workday to apply using the internal application process.
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
Job date: Sat, 03 Feb 2024 08:20:18 GMT
Apply for the job now!