Job Vacancy DoD Director of IT and Telecommunications Cognosante
Job title: DoD Director of IT and Telecommunications
Job description: Security Clearance required: Public Trust
Cognosante is on a mission to transform our country’s healthcare and national security systems. With our health and security-focused solutions, we help public sector organizations achieve the important task of providing the best possible public services to American Citizens. From Enterprise IT, Data Science, and Security Services, to full-scale Consumer Engagement and Interoperability solutions, we are moving government services forward with transformation and innovation. Learn how we are making a difference in people’s lives today!
The Director of Information Technology (IT) and Telecommunications serves as a technical manager for a large Department of Defense (DoD) contract that includes a call center, secure web applications, and a broad array of non-medical counseling and consultation services that support the military population. The position will report to the Program Director and play a key role in designing, modernizing, and integrating contractor and government systems; maintaining compliance with evolving privacy and security regulations; and maximizing utilization of data and analytics that enable service providers and supervisory staff to perform effectively, maintain high quality, and manage risks and issues.
- Develop plan of action and milestones (POAMs) for IT and telecommunications infrastructure and services, in coordination with Program Manager
- Design and manage protocols and completes all annual compliance requirements such as External Certification Authority (ECA) renewal as well as annual training such as Cyber Awareness and PII to ensure access to the government systems is maintained
- Monitor and ensure continual compliance with prevailing DoD CIO, DISA, and U.S. Cyber Command policies, guidance, and mandates
- Coordinate development of systems architecture diagrams, data governance frameworks, and standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Develop training materials for contractor staff regarding use of government and contractor IT and telecommunications systems
- Work with Cognosante Chief Information Officer (CIO) and cybersecurity team to obtain Authority to Operate (ATO) and/or FedRAMP certification for contractor systems
- Conduct analysis of alternatives for IT and telecommunications solutions and upgrades in support of government requirements
- Support contract proposal development for technical and management support aligned with IT and telecommunications scope
- Develop contingency plans for unplanned outages and respond when needed to urgent requests for support should an outage occur
- Monitor and support performance in line with service level agreements (SLAs) for IT and telecommunications systems
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management, or IT-related field
- Must be a U.S. citizen and must speak fluent English.
- Minimum of 12 years of experience managing IT and cybersecurity programs and projects of similar scope and complexity that have directly supported the DoD military community.
- Must possess one or more of the following certifications: Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), or GIAC Security Leadership Certification (SANS Institute) (GSLC)
- Demonstrated knowledge of FEDRAM and ATO processes
- Demonstrated knowledge of Federal and DoD rules and regulations for handling of PHI, PII, and CUI
- Prior experience with call center technology highly desired
- Excellent communications skills and experience briefing high-level DoD officials and IT managers
- Active or recent (within last five years) position of Public Trust or Secret level clearance.
Candidates that do not meet the required qualifications will not be considered.
$129,641.98 – $207,427.17
The pay range for this job is determined by various factors, including but not necessarily limited to location, responsibilities of the job, and alignment with market data. When determining a salary for this role, the following factors may will be taken into consideration – contract-specific affordability, education, knowledge, skills, competencies and experience. The estimate displayed represents the salary range for this position and is just one component of Cognosante’s total compensation package for employees and is not necessarily reflective of actual compensation that may be earned, nor a promise of any specific pay for any specific employee.
Cognosante will not provide sponsorship for employment-based immigration benefits for this position.
Like many other growing companies, Cognosante has been targeted by scammers attempting to make fraudulent job offers to potential candidates. Communication from Cognosante recruiting will only be sent with an official corporate domain email (e.g., @cognosante.com or @accurate.com) and not a commercial domain e-mail (e.g., @gmail.com or @yahoo.com). We will never request payment from you, nor will we send payment to you, prior to your start date. If you have been asked to send or receive any payment, or if you have any doubt about whether you have been contacted by a Cognosante employee, please contact us at . Thank you.
Cognosante is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Job date: Sun, 30 Jul 2023 00:22:15 GMT
Apply for the job now!