Job Vacancy Distribution Engineering Manager Leidos
Job title: Distribution Engineering Manager
Job description: Unleash Your Potential
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customer’s success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
At Leidos, we pride ourselves on being a trusted and technology-focused solutions provider. Our Power Delivery Services Team is the go-to for utilities and mobile operators who need reliable power and telecommunication expertise. We’ve worked with over 50 investor-owned utilities, over 160 municipals/cooperatives, and we’re continuing to expand our reach. Plus, we’ve got an amazing group of industry-leading construction partners who help us deliver meaningful Energy Delivery Solutions.
Our recognition as an industry leader has been confirmed time and time again. Engineering News-Record (ENR) has ranked Leidos among the Top 10 T&D Firms and Top 10 Power Firms.
We are seeking a Distribution Engineering Manager to manage and oversee a team responsible for developing construction work packages for the electric distribution system using various software systems and construction standards. Your team will utilize Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Computer Aided Design (CAD) tools, Work Management Systems (WMS), and other client systems to develop work packages. You will also have oversight of assignments such as preparing forestry trimming requests, facilitating permit and Right-of-Way acquisition, developing BOM, estimating costs, and customer advocacy such as acquiring easements or calculating a customer Contribution in Aid of Construction (CIAC).
As a Distribution Engineering Manager, you can expect to:
- Facilitate client & team collaboration and communication; managing resource loading based on clients demands.
- Oversee and manage existing capital, reliability, and customer project work for clients: Customer project work will include OH/UG Conversions, Reliability Programs, EPC Projects.
- Provide technical oversight, direction, and support for project teams.
- Function as client point of contact and liaison on project-related issues.
- Collaborate with other design managers on broad client issues including schedule adherence and team quality control
- Meet with direct reports to providing guidance and assist in career development
- Support business development, proposal creation, and growth opportunities
- Client engagement
- Track scope, schedule, and budget for projects in flight
- Oversee QA/QC
- Monitor team performance metrics
- Track and report financial metrics
- Strategize and implement organizational structures to enable future growth
This role is hybrid in nature. Candidates should be located in the greater Orlando area, in order to provide support to internal teams and Leidos’ utility customers as needed. Some occasional local or regional travel is anticipated, including on-site or in-office meetings with Leidos’ customers.
What Sets You Apart (Required Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering Discipline from an ABET Accredited program/institution
- 8+ years of prior relevant experience either working directly with an electric utility or an electric utility consulting company, performing electric distribution design engineering; candidates with less than 8 years of experience may be considered if work history is directly related to Leidos customer project work
- Proficient knowledge of National Electric Safety Code (NESC) and comprehension of client construction standards.
- Successful project management experience (initiate, plan, execute, monitor & control, closeout).
- Previous Experience managing engineering personnel
- Strong communication skills, written and interpersonal communications skills.
- Ability to work with limited supervision and provide leadership to other team members; Ability to work effectively in teams.
You might also have:
- Experience with software such as PoleForeman, Bentley OpenUtilities Designer, GE Smallworld, Maximo, or similar products.
- Experience with complex projects in distribution design: using medium voltage switchgear, voltage conversion projects, distribution automation projects.
- Experience with development of civil & electrical packages associated with complex cable/conduit in dense urban environments.
- PMP certification and/or EIT
We challenge our staff with interesting assignments that provide them with an opportunity to thrive, professionally and personally. For us, helping you grow your career is good business.
Leidos Civil Group helps modernize infrastructure, systems, and security. We are a trusted partner to both government and highly-regulated commercial customers looking for transformative solutions in mission IT, security, software, engineering, and operations. We work with our customers including the FAA, DOE, NASA, National Science Foundation, Transportation Security Administration, Custom and Border Protection, airports, and electric utilities to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient. Our customers take on the toughest challenges out there, and at times need a helping hand from specialists in their fields. We combine our scale as a Fortune 500 company with the deep technical knowledge of our core capabilities and the expertise of our talented and diverse workforce to deliver mission-centric innovations. For each of these core capabilities, we have developed proven, repeatable processes that help us deliver agile, cost-effective solutions to foster a better world. To explore and learn more, click !
Pay Range: Pay Range $84,500.00 – $130,000.00 – $175,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Expected salary: $84500 – 175500 per year
Location: Orlando, FL
Job date: Sat, 26 Aug 2023 03:41:02 GMT
Apply for the job now!