Job Vacancy Distribution Engineer III (Professional Engineer) Evolvinc
Job title: Distribution Engineer III (Professional Engineer)
Job description: Job description
Distribution Engineer opportunity with an established multi-office, an industry-leading consulting engineering firm. This is an excellent opportunity to join our team and requires the exercise of independent judgment and discretion in handling specific details and activities. The incumbent is expected to work both independently and within a team environment with minimum supervision.
Looking for a Distribution Engineer with 5+ years of overhead and underground distribution design experience.
- Design, stake, and coordinate overhead and underground distribution projects to meet NESC, RUS or other applicable standards, specifications, and all applicable codes.
- Perform peer and final reviews of distribution designs performed in part or in full by others to ensure all applicable standards, specifications, and codes are met.
- Seal distribution line designs completed by you and others.
- Coordinate design and construction of distribution line project with customers and other affected utilities.
- Assist customers in acquiring easements, encroachments, and permits as needed.
- Provide design support through the preparation of draft reports, calculations, details, plans, and specifications.
- Preparation of scheduling, planning, designing, permitting, and construction documents.
- Ensure that work meets all safety and quality standards, codes, and specifications including set schedules and deadlines.
- Recognize, analyze & resolve problems and issues at the earliest phase possible.
- Provide timely and accurate information on progress, reviews, observations, solutions, and/or any other project-related information in an understandable format.
- Track budgets and project financials for accuracy; invoice clients appropriately.
- Conduct field observations and preparation of applicable field reports.
- The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited four-year program.
- 5+ years of relevant experience with prior professional work in a related field is desirable.
- Professional Engineer (PE) License.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills (English).
- Excellent project management skills and ability to meet deliverables on time and on budget. Experience with Microsoft Project software is preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently with multiple priorities and schedules throughout the project life cycle.
- Experience interacting with technical and non-technical persons in a client-consultant setting.
- Computer literacy including Microsoft Office Suite and AutoCAD experience (Civil 3D experience is a plus).
- Ability and willingness to travel approximately 10% of the time.
- Physically able to negotiate construction sites and work outside.
Additional Requirements: Must be able to pass a company drug screen, background check, and have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the company’s driving policy.
Powered by JazzHR
Location: Baltimore, MD
Job date: Tue, 06 Sep 2022 07:35:44 GMT
Apply for the job now!