Job Vacancy Distribution Center Domestic Transportation Coordinator Big Lots
Job title: Distribution Center Domestic Transportation Coordinator
Company: Big Lots
Job description: Responsible for daily tracking outbound deliveries to Big Lots’ stores and other locations as needed. Responsible for ensuring that every planned shipment is tracking on time in accordance with established service standards. The role will collaborate and build relationships with carriers, store personnel, distribution center associates, headquarters logistics associates as well as other internal and external associates in support of day-to-day operations. This role will also continually seek ways to improve service and drive continuous improvement.
1. Serve as the liaison between carriers and stores to resolve delivery issues.
2. Answer incoming calls and emails.
3. Collaborate with Transportation Analysts as needed to resolve issues.
4. Track outbound shipments across the domestic truckload network, utilizing tracking tools to review shipment activity daily.
5. Prepare report summaries outlining performance in real-time.
6. Contact carriers daily to correct tracking deficiencies and correct/reduce service misses.
7. Ensure accurate flow of data between applications.
8. Track daily trailer needs.
9. Share daily trailer reports with carriers to ensure adequate trailer pools are available for loading.
10. Serve as liaison between RDC associates and carriers to ensure timely flow of trailers into the RDCs.
11. Process and distribute previous week carrier supply chain visibility and service scorecards.
12. Work with carriers to correct any deficiencies and drive improvement toward service goals.
13. Assumes additional work-related job responsibilities with reasonable scope of accountabilities not defined above.
1. Associates Degree preferred with a concentration in Transportation and/or Logistics and/or 1-2 years working in a Transportation function, or some combination of both.
2. Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel.
3. General knowledge of transportation management systems preferred.
4. Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills required along with the ability to manage and collaborate on multiple projects.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
Location: Columbus, OH
Job date: Sun, 24 Dec 2023 00:08:55 GMT
Apply for the job now!