Job Vacancy Disaster Field Communications Specialist / Telecommunications Analyst Senior, Government Secret Clearance Required General Dynamics
Job title: Disaster Field Communications Specialist / Telecommunications Analyst Senior, Government Secret Clearance Required
Company: General Dynamics
Job description: Type of Requisition: Regular
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Suitability: Agency Specific
Public Trust/Other Required:
Job Family: Telecommunications
Skills: Communication, Field Operations, Telecommunications
Experience: 3 + years of related experience
US Citizenship Required: Yes
When disaster strikes around the world, either natural or man-made, USAID’s Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance (BHA), is often the U.S Governments first responder. As a Deployable Communications Officer for BHA, you would:
- Provide daily technical support to BHA’s Washington D.C. based and field-based staff located in offices around the world
- Provide 24/7 technical support as part of a Duty Officer rotation
- Provide Helpdesk support for BHA user when assigned and during deployments
- Provide training to deploying personnel on all equipment in BHA’s cache
- Research new technology to support our field operations, develop documentation and provide training to your peers
- Assess communications needs of BHA’s field offices or disaster deployments and develop a plan, including equipment and training, following through until all needs are met
- Provide backup to the Communications Trainer for standard classroom training
- Coordinate with other departments within BHA, USAID and the State Department and support high-end Government officials
- Train and coordinate with Foreign Service Nationals around the world
- Deploy, at a moment’s notice, anywhere in the world for up to 45 days in support of Disaster Assistance Response Teams (DARTs)
- Work within the Chain of Command of the Deployable Communications Team and USAID/BHA
Candidates must be a U.S citizen, possess and maintain valid passport, driver’s license (good driving record) and must possess active secret clearance. He/she must be in excellent health as field conditions involve exposure to extreme heat/cold and long hours often located in war torn areas. Excellent verbal and written skills are a must. A self-starter, the candidate must be able to work in a team environment and operate as the sole Communication Officer during deployments.
Candidates must have technical training, certification(s), or degree (bachelor’s preferred) and 3 years (10 preferred) of experience (below). Significant Public Safety or Military experience highly preferred .
- Radio communications (UHF, VHF, HF- both digital and analog) programming and code plug creation experience.
- Satellite communications (VSAT, Inmarsat, Iridium, Thuraya, BGAN)
- Computer hardware experience as well as the ability to troubleshoot standard software (MS Office, Google Suite, Adobe, web-based applications, etc.)
- Global Positioning system (GPS).
- Knowledge of Geographic Information systems (GIS) and using Google Earth Pro.
- Knowledge of network systems and video teleconferencing.
Must be willing to work physically in Washington DC and overseas for up to 45 day deployments.
The Deployable Communications Team is looking for a go-getter who can manage several projects at one time, think outside the box and remain cool under pressure. Our work is unique and requires someone with an exceptional personality that is comfortable in new and different environments and gets along well with others. The humanitarian world works primarily in the English language but some proficiency in other languages such as Spanish, Arabic and French go a long way. Previous experience with the United Nations, USAID, USAR Operations or other non-Government agencies such as American Red Cross or Save the Children would be valuable, as would experience as an IT Service Desk technician.
ICS 100,200,300,700 and 800
AH-Communication Unit Leader
USAR Communications Specialist
Previous deployment experience in austere environments
Previous experience working within the Incident Command Structure (ICS) type incidents
Radio Programming certifications
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40
Travel Required: 25-50%
Telecommuting Options: Onsite
Work Location: USA DC Washington
Additional Work Locations:
COVID-19 Vaccination: GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the customer site requirements.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Location: Washington DC
Job date: Sat, 22 Jul 2023 01:17:23 GMT
Apply for the job now!