Job Vacancy Deskside Tech III OneAmerica
Job title: Deskside Tech III
Job description: Description :
At OneAmerica, we deliver on promises when customers need us most. We believe the best way to serve our customers is to know that every individual, employee, family and business we work with has unique personal and financial goals. We keep our promises, so we can help them achieve their goals and realize their definition of financial success.
Responsible for providing day-to-day technical support for OneAmerica Associates. This role requires a high level of technical proficiency and requires an individual with strong organizational and communication skills. The Desktop Support Technician II must quickly and effectively diagnose and resolve issues related to PCs, mobile devices, printers, videoconferencing, MS Teams Voice, business application software, telecommunication issues and potentially local network issues.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Deliver pro-active, excellent technical service to OneAmerica Associates and provide guidance and escalation point for Deskside Technician I.
- Develop solid relationships and demonstrate expert level ability to inspire trust to best support executive-level needs, better understand how each individual operates, and improve their experience
- Independently resolve complex break/fix issues in person or via telephone
- Work closely with corporate IT, Apps, and Security teams to ensure solutions that enable the executive team
- Be at the front line of corporate technology implementations, learning the new technologies, preparing the executive team for use, and supporting the technologies through their lifecycle
- Provide recommendations to IT regarding new technologies to better support executive team members
- Perform installations, replacements, upgrades, and other hardware and software solutions
- Log, track, and report incidents using ServiceNow ITSM solution.
- Perform regular technology reviews to provide proactive support for executives and executive admin staff
- Receive and respond to incoming support requests in a timely manner including off hours
- Follow set procedures for logging and reporting all support efforts
- Conduct training designed to educate users about basic and specialized applications
- Provide after-hours and weekend support as necessary
- Manage all inventory, delivery, and support of mobile devices (Phones and iPads)
- Provide meeting support as assigned. Including mobile devices, computers, and access to resources
- The requirements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by Desktop Support Technician II, but is not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Other duties may be assigned as required.
Required Education and/or Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Recommended Education and/or Certifications
- Preferred: ITIL Foundation
- Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
Required Work Experience
- 5 years’ direct experience supporting end-users with technical issues.
- 5 years’ experience in desktop hardware, operating systems, and printers
- 5 years’ expert level experience using and supporting Apple MacBook, iPhone, and iPad devices
- 5 years’ experience in Microsoft 0365 products (Windows, Office, Outlook, Teams, etc.)
- 5 years’ experience in business communication platforms such as messaging, video conferencing, telephony, etc.
- Hands-on troubleshooting experience with the ability to perform under intense time pressures and scrutiny
- Must understand and accept the 24/7 availability nature of IT Support
- Certification and/or License – MCP, Apple certifications, CompTIA preferred
- Knowledge of ZScaler, ServiceNow, and Okta technology a plus.
- Preferred experience working in Financial Industry.
- Or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background
Salary Band: 06A
This selected candidate will be expected to work hybrid in San Diego, CA. The candidate will also be expected to physically return to the office in CA, WI, IN or ME as business needs dictate or for team-building and collaboration.
If you are offered and accept this position, please be advised that OneAmerica does not have any offices located in the State of New York and OneAmerica associates are not permitted to work remotely in the State of New York.
Disclaimer: OneAmerica is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For all positions:
Because this position is regulated by the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act, if an offer is made, applicants must undergo mandated background checks as a condition of employment. Such background checks include criminal history. A conviction is not necessarily an absolute bar to employment. Consistent with applicable regulatory guidelines and law, factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered.
To learn more about our products, services, and the companies of OneAmerica, visit oneamerica.com/companies.
Location: San Diego, CA
Job date: Sat, 05 Aug 2023 06:56:08 GMT
Apply for the job now!