Job Vacancy Designer – Women’s Bottoms Li & Fung
Job title: Designer – Women’s Bottoms
Company: Li & Fung
Job description: Are you a movement maker? Are you seeking new and exciting career opportunities?
Here is what you need to know about the job:
The Designer executes the seasonal design development process, from concept to delivery, by creating and executing original, trend-appropriate design concepts that meet market needs and drive sales and ensuring the timely execution of each stage in the process.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Strategy & Innovation
- Research and identify trend directions; create concept/mood boards, analyze collections, shop stores; perform competitive analysis; pull and review fabrics, design concepts, presentation decks for market meetings
- Identify and design key items with a strong brand identity
- Execute development of initial seasonal design category in context of larger assortment and cost structure
- Develop concepts for special design projects to expand categories into new areas or customers.
- Categories, Knit and Woven tops, Dresses and Bottoms Missy and Plus sizes
Operations & Results
- Guide and mentor direct reports
- Work with tech team to ensure proper fit and end use
- Work with Cad Designers to develop original textile and embroidery designs
- Design according to style plans, sales needs and emerging trends; ensure timely execution of product development calendar
- Create Illustrator sketches; review line sheets; develop tech packs
- Build 3-D bodies
- Source, select and review raw materials and trims ensure they are within price points
- Review styles with costing engineer to design into price points needed.
- Approve aesthetic and quality of print strike-offs, fabric and trims
Customers & Relationships
- Coordinate follow-up with internal and external customers and partners, including technical design, production and vendors; manager interoffice communication
- Build collaborative relationships with vendors and internal customers
Leadership & Teams
- Contribute positively to team dynamic and manage up where necessary
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Superior organizational skills and excellent communication skills; team oriented
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines; highly detail oriented, meticulous and creative
- Creativity, and sensibility for merchandising; ability to sketch
- Technical capability, proficient understanding of construction and expression of fit.
- Extensive knowledge of garment construction, pattern making, silhouettes, color ways, sewing techniques, fabrication and trim; familiarity with print design and manufacturing
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Design
- 7 + years experience in apparel design
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe products
- 3-D Browzwear a plus
If this sounds like you, Apply Now!
As an equal opportunity employer, we shall consider all applicants regardless of gender, age, religion, marital status, race, sexual orientation, disability, disease, pregnancy, or trade union and/or political affiliation, and disregard all factors deemed inappropriate by local law and the International Labor Organization’s Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work.
Location: New York City, NY
Job date: Thu, 25 Aug 2022 01:31:50 GMT
Apply for the job now!