Job Vacancy Deputy Project Manager / Leader (Telecommunications) – Atlanta, GA M.C. Dean
Job title: Deputy Project Manager / Leader (Telecommunications) – Atlanta, GA
Company: M.C. Dean
Job description: The Assistant Communication Project Leader is a training position that consists of learning how to supervise and direct the employees on various projects, prepare strategic plans and budgets, develop a comprehensive project plan, and analyze statistical data.
Responsibilities included, but not limited to:
- Assisting in the design and deployment of Information Transport Systems and telecommunications systems.
- Run day-to-day operations of a project/program or sub-section of a project/program.
- Plan and monitor cash flow against cash expenses.
- Maintain as-builts documents as work is completed.
- Document project issues/conditions.
- Plan and execute project delivery to include design, procurement, pre-testing, pre-fabrication, installation, commissioning, and close-out.
- Plan and execute project completion and punch list.
- Develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Read and interpret blueprints, design artifacts, and project specifications.
- Identify, price, track, and manage change orders ensuring effective resolution.
- Research and compile submittals; identifying/pricing change orders and prepare estimates for partially designed projects by finishing the design and preparing a complete project estimate.
- Confer with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors, and design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints, and project issues.
- Communicate with people outside the Company, representing the Company to customers, the public, the government, and general contractor representatives.
Qualifications / Skills Sets / Expectations:
- B.S. in Engineering or similar degree and Industrial experience with five (5) to seven (7) years’ working for a telecommunications integrator or electrical contractor.
- Experience working on telecommunication and electronic security projects ranging from $500,000 to $10M.
- Experience working with contract drawings, subcontracts, contract addendums, specifications, change orders, RFIs, submittals.
- Experience installing Information Transport Systems
- Experience using MS Office Suit, Sophisticated Project Management, CPM Scheduling, Cost, modeling, and AutoCAD software.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and concepts involved in the production of precision technical plans, blueprints and drawings on electrical and security projects.
- Familiar with standard deliverables and work process on construction and integration projects.
- Must have strong interpersonal and writing skills and be a problem owner/solver.
- Proven ability to effectively plan and organize one’s own activities or the activities of others.
- Able to work in a diverse environment, with personnel having a range of backgrounds.
- Requires reliable attendance at customer site during work hours required by customer.
- Requires the ability to work a flexible schedule that includes occasional nights and weekends.
- Up to 25% travel, must have reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record.
- Exposure to computer screens for an extended period of time.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Reach by extending hands or arms in any direction.
- Have finger dexterity in order to manipulate objects with fingers rather than whole hands or arms, for example, using a keyboard.
- Listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Identify and understand the speech of another person.
Location: Atlanta, GA
Job date: Thu, 31 Aug 2023 03:28:08 GMT
Apply for the job now!