Job Vacancy CYBERCOM Telecommunications Engineer, Lead By Light
Job title: CYBERCOM Telecommunications Engineer, Lead
Company: By Light
Job description: Responsibilities
- The mission of this Defense customer is to support high quality multi-level secure voice capabilities, interfaces for dissimilar cryptographic systems, and conferencing requirements, discipline or related area of expertise, exhibiting an exceptional degree of ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness.
- Viewed as the expert in Defense Red Switch Network (DRSN) secure telecommunications and conferencing for Command Control (C2) crisis management
- Direct experience working in and with DRSN.
- Define service from a day-to-day operations perspective; establish standards for service.
- Build operational Operations and Maintenance (O&M) checklists to maintain the service (daily, weekly, monthly, yearly O&M checklists); build Tactics, Techniques and Processes (TTPs) and Standard Operating Processes (SOPs) associated with service checklists.
- Oversee the daily DRSN execution and maintain an expert view of the current DRSN’s state operations.
- Interface with customers to ensure future DRSN enhancements or changes continue to provide quality service to customers and do not impact in a negative way their ability to provision and support DRSN services.
- Oversee the vulnerability and remediation process associated with the DRSN service.
- Troubleshoots DRSN end items and networking issues
- Fill out trouble reports and trouble tickets, and follow up until completion/correction of faults.
- Bachelor’s with 10+ years of experience or 10 years with 5 years of recent DRSN experience in lieu of degree.
- Certification Requirements – one of the following: CompTIA Security+; SSCP (Systems Security Certified Practitioner), CCNA Security; CySA+; GICSP; GSEC.
- Must possess strong oral, analytical, diplomatic and problem-solving skills, as well as excellent judgment and self-motivation.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of all aspects of operations and technologies.
- Should be able to multitask and work well under pressure.
- Must stay abreast of industry developments and applicable Government regulations.
- Performs audits, operational analysis and risk assessments.
- Makes recommendations for enhancing services.
- Researches operational issues and providing mitigation recommendations.
- Formulating and documenting processes, policies and procedures.
- Works independently with little to no supervision to meet the customers need.
- Other Preferred Certs: CCNP or CCNA Voice certification or DSS-2A certification.
- Experience operating and maintaining IDNX/Promina multiplexing, encryption, cabling and channel service units and Juniper switches
- DISN Network Management experience.
- Timing and synchronization experience involving clock distribution systems, filters and buffers.
- Experience using oscilloscope and Digital Multimeters.
- Experience with Firebird 6000 series communication analyzer.
- Experience with T1, E1, RS 232, and RS 530;
- Experience with VoSIP, TS/SCI Voice, SatVoice, and SBU Voice or secure conferencing via World Wide Secure Voice Conferencing System (WWSVCS), Defense Satellite Communications System (DSCS), and the Military Strategic and Tactical Relay Satellite (MILSTAR) as well as strategic-to-tactical secure-voice interoperability.
Special Requirements/Security Clearance
- Security Clearance: Top Secret
Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. and crawl underneath floor space to run cabling.
Location: Fort Meade, MD
Job date: Sun, 10 Sep 2023 03:54:46 GMT
Apply for the job now!