Job Vacancy Customer Zone Technician II Hawaiian Telcom
Job title: Customer Zone Technician II
Company: Hawaiian Telcom
Job description: Job Description
Performs tasks necessary for service order and repair activity associated with sealed/unsealed network facilities (copper and fiber) from central office frames to CPE systems. Provides installation and maintenance of voice, data, and ancillary equipment, and network services. Installs, maintains, rearranges, repairs and removes cables, terminals and other associated apparatus in the outside plant network. Performs other related, marginal duties as required.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Installs, removes, rearranges, programs, tests, trouble shoots and maintains voice, data, and ancillary equipment and network services.
- Installs, maintains and repairs OSP equipment/facilities and inside wire. Locates cable and associated equipment faults, effects repair and restores service outages. Performs cable pair recovery activity.
- Interfaces with customer to further analyze installation and repair issues. Responds to inquiries and provides follow up.
- Interprets schematic work order drawings to determine job specifications and installation needs. Orders and/or obtains required equipment. Effects problem solving where appropriate.
- Utilizes various test equipment to analyze equipment trouble and takes appropriate maintenance action.
- Operates standard and aerial lift vehicles and manual, hydraulic, pneumatic, electric, electronic, gasoline, propane and power actuated tools and equipment.
- May be required to perform additional duties and tasks as required by the Company.
- Indoor-outdoor work. Exposed to adverse weather conditions, dust, noise, dirt, heat, poor lighting, fumes, etc.
- Works in buildings being constructed/renovated, manholes, rough terrain, traffic, aerial lifts, platforms, etc.
- Exposed to high voltage electrical power lines, explosive and/or flammable liquids and gases, oxygen deficiency, carbon monoxide, lead toxicity and asbestos materials. Works with molten lead and wax.
- Scheduled work tours may be weekday, weekend and holiday, including day, evening and night hours.
- Subject to occasional scheduled and/or unscheduled overtime and callouts.
- Tests Results obtained in standard tests for this position must meet minimum requirements established by the Company, in accordance with Company policy.
- Ability to identify and distinguish audible tones/levels and colors.
- Ability to work in confined areas.
- Ability to lift and carry tool boxes, drop wire, parts containers and installation loads, test equipment, generators, manhole/pullbox covers, etc.
- Ability to climb poles/ladders.
- Ability to lift, carry, set up, climb and take down ladders.
- Ability to communicate naturally and pleasantly over the telephone and/or in person.
- Requires alertness and attention to detail.
- Ability to obtain a valid Type 4 State of Hawaii driver’s license within the first 4 months on the job. Able to meet medical and driver certification requirements as established by the DOT Federal Highway Safety Act. Not restricted to daylight hours.
- Able to read and interpret architectural, electrical wiring diagrams.
- Ability to qualify for security clearance.
- Two (2) years’ experience in one or a combination of: Equipment Installer, Station Technician, Cable Splicer, Customer Service Technician, Customer Service Specialist, Junior Engineer, Leader Lineworker, Lineworker, or Customer Zone Technician I.
- A degree in electronics technology to include successful completion of digital logic, electronic communications, micro processor fundamentals from an accredited or recognized educational institution.
We were made aware of an employment scam in which a third-party is creating false communications under the Hawaiian Telcom name. We want to reiterate that Hawaiian Telcom never seeks payment from job applicants and only reaches out from @hawaiiantel.com email addresses. We are encouraging applicants to apply through our website at for added security.
Aloha! Welcome to Hawaiian Telcom’s listing of current job openings. Hawaiian Telcom, the premier telecommunications company headquartered in Honolulu, offers Hawaii’s consumers and businesses a spectrum of telecommunication solutions, taking full advantage of proven and emerging technologies. We are focused on building and maintaining a diverse team of employees who are committed to delivering an outstanding customer experience.
We call the communities we serve home and giving back to these communities is an important part of our culture.
Hawaiian Telcom offers an amazing Mālama Hours Program, Employee Resource Groups, and organized corporate community service events that further strengthen our community relationships.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran, military status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Due to U.S. Government requirements applicable to foreign-owned telecommunications providers, non-US citizens will be required to submit to an extensive government agency background check which will necessitate disclosure of sensitive Personally Identifiable Information.
Hawaii; 74-5529 Kaiwi St-HI022
Location: Kailua-Kona, HI
Job date: Sat, 02 Sep 2023 04:03:44 GMT
Apply for the job now!