Job Vacancy Customer Support Representative – Dedicated Transportation (Night Shift) Ryder
Job title: Customer Support Representative – Dedicated Transportation (Night Shift)
Job description: Current Employees:
If you are a current employee at Ryder (not a Contractor or temporary employee through a staffing agency), please click to log in to Workday to apply using the internal application process.
You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
**The physical work location of this role is located in Franklin, TN. The work schedule for this position would be Mon-Fri, with a daily start time between 6pm-8pm. You must be willing and able to commute to this location, and work this schedule, if you wish to be considered for this opportunity.**
MOVE YOUR CAREER FORWARD WITH RYDER!
If you are up to the challenge, Apply Now to work for one of the largest and most respected names in Logistics, Transportation, Fleet Maintenance and Supply Chain Services in the World!
This position is responsible for the execution of customer orders to meet volume goals and deliver an exceptional customer experience. This position will proactively communicate with internal and external customers including resolving issues with timely pickup and delivery, check calls, activity documentation, and overall promotion of a professional workplace attitude in a fast-paced environment.
In addition to a comprehensive benefit package, a 401(K) Savings Plan with a company match, discounted stock purchase options and performance-based annual cost of living increases, we are proud to offer:
- Comprehensive training and the ability to continue your professional development
- Regional and local Ryder resources to help guide and support as we grow this offering.
- The stability and peace-of-mind that comes with working for a World-Class, Fortune 500 organization that has been in business for over 85 years with over 36,000 employees worldwide.
- 12 weeks of paid maternity leave.
- Additional day of Paid Time Off for Military Veterans.
We are seeking the best and most promising candidates to provide creativity, agility and superior customer service that will exceed our Customer’s expectation. If you possess a strong work ethic and a burning desire to succeed and grow your career, then we have an opportunity for YOU!
You MUST be willing to commit yourself to align with our core values: Trust, Innovation, Expertise, Collaboration and Safety. The ability to embrace and utilize Technology as part of your daily routine is crucial.
In addition, YOU are the management and professional representative of the Ryder organization.
If your work experience and/or education aligns with the Requirements and Responsibilities listed below, APPLY NOW!!
- Work requires developing and maintaining excellent customer relationships to maximize business potential.
- Proactively communicate with and respond to intern al and external customers who request information by checking load status and / or resolving problems to achieve customer satisfaction and minimize service failures.
- Ensure on time delivery, damage free services, and accurate billing through scheduling pick-up and delivery appointments manipulate customer orders into the order management system to track loads and obtaining approval for accessorial changes and assigned customers.
- Make Trip adjustments in Transportation Management System (TMS) to accommodate backhauls, appointments, stops and split trips.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to build strong customer relationships
- Ability to communicate effectively through all mediums
- Ability to manage multiple assignments and tasks, set priorities, and adapt to changing conditions and work assignments
- Make decisions in a timely manner
- Ability to prioritize, structure and schedule tasks to maximize effort and meet deadlines
- Ability to handle a stressful work environment
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple priorities
- Maintains composure under pressure
- Flexibility to operate and self-driven to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access) is required advanced required
- Logistics industry knowledge intermediate required
- Knowledge and understanding of Customer/Company local and Federal regulations intermediate required
- Fundamental knowledge of Supply Chain Management components intermediate required
- H.S. diploma/GED required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in Business, Logistics, Supply Chain
- One (1) year or more relevant experience in customer service, supply chain, logistics, warehouse or industry related field. preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access) is required. advanced required
- Logistics industry knowledge intermediate required
- Knowledge and understanding of Customer/Company local and Federal regulations. intermediate required
- Fundamental knowledge of Supply Chain Management components. intermediate required
Our people are passionate about what they do, the product they sell, and the customers they serve. If you’re looking for an opportunity to be a part of a work family that values collaboration, innovation and dedication, we’re the right company for you.
Job Category Logistics
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job date: Thu, 27 Jul 2023 22:10:48 GMT
Apply for the job now!