Job Vacancy Customer Logistics Manager – Dedicated Transportation – Lafayette, IN – 2nd shift Ryder
Job title: Customer Logistics Manager – Dedicated Transportation – Lafayette, IN – 2nd shift
Job description: Current Employees:
If you are a current employee at Ryder (not a Contractor or temporary employee through a staffing agency), please click to log in to Workday to apply using the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a position using the Career worklet, please review this
You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
This is a 2nd shift opportunity. Start time will be around 5PM. You must be willing and able to work at this time to be considered for the position.
The Customer Logistics Manager will oversee the day-to-day operations within an assign function, and is responsible for all aspects of Operations and Account Management . Mainly responsible for the leadership of direct reports as well as the attainment of daily operational goals within his/her assigned functional area.
- Customer service satisfaction and expectation management
- Staffing performance management and development of exempt and non-exempt employees
- Manage day-to-day planning and scheduling
- Health and Safety Management
- State/Local/Federal regulations compliance
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work within international functional teams
- High level analytical ability where problems are unusual and difficult
- Demonstrated technical and professional skills in job-related area
- Off shift support in the event of critical customer network disruption or crisis
- Makes decisions in a a timely manner
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Ability to create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups, customers, supervisors)
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Flexibility to operate and self-driven to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Capable of multi-tasking, highly organized, with excellent time management skills
- Detail oriented with excellent follow-up practices
- Associate’s degree required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred Related field
- Five (5) years or more Logistics, Transportation, Warehouse or industry related field experience required
- Five (5) years or more Previous plant experience required
- Five (5) years or more Contingency planning and crisis management support experience required
- One (1) year or more direct supervisory experience required
- Five (5) years or more 3PL experience required
- One (1) year or more LLP (lead Logistics Provider) background required
In addition to a comprehensive benefit package, a 401(K) Savings Plan with a company match, discounted stock purchase options and performance-based annual cost of living increases, we are proud to offer:
- Comprehensive training and the ability to continue your professional development
- Regional and local Ryder resources to help guide and support as we grow this offering.
- The stability and peace-of-mind that comes with working for a World-Class, Fortune 500 organization that has been in business for over 85 years with over 36,000 employees worldwide.
We are seeking the best and most promising candidates to provide creativity, agility and superior customer service that will exceed our Customer’s expectation. If you possess a strong work ethic and a burning desire to succeed and grow your career, then we have an opportunity for YOU!
You MUST be willing to commit yourself to align with our core values: Trust, Innovation, Expertise, Collaboration and Safety. The ability to embrace and utilize Technology as part of your daily routine is crucial.
In addition, YOU are the management and professional representative of the Ryder organization.
If your work experience and/or education aligns with the Requirements and Responsibilities listed below, APPLY NOW!!
Job Category Logistics
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Location: Lafayette, IN
Job date: Wed, 28 Sep 2022 22:49:05 GMT
Apply for the job now!