Job Vacancy CORP-Global Real Estate Controllers-Property Administration Executive Director JPMorgan Chase
Job title: CORP-Global Real Estate Controllers-Property Administration Executive Director
Company: JPMorgan Chase
Job description: Global Real Estate Property Administration is seeking a high energy, self-starting Executive Director to support Global Real Estate. The Global Real Estate Controller team is comprised of business and accounting professionals across the globe who have direct responsibility for a firm-wide real estate portfolio in more than 60 countries across 6,100 owned and leased properties, covering approximately 74 million square feet. The Global Real Estate Property Admin Executive Director will be responsible for all aspects of managing and leading the global real estate lease administration function for JP Morgan Chase, including offshore lease administration operations. Functions include lease abstraction, managing, preparing, analyzing and making decisions with respect to revenue and expense lease management and actions related thereto, reconciliation review and preparation, managing lease payments and billings, managing collections, and other commercial lease related activities required to manage the portfolio.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
+ Lead, manage, and engage staff to meet and exceed outlined objectives and goals, maintain appropriate production levels, adhere to timely service levels, delivers high quality results, and provides appropriate service and communication with partners and clients.
+ Hiring, staff development (training, performance feedback, corrective action, etc.), conflict resolution, problem solving (eliminating barriers for teams), development of succession candidates, and ensuring appropriate team metrics are in place and are met.
+ Ensure appropriate team metrics are developed and met to include production, quality, service levels, etc.
+ Prepare financial reporting, trend analysis, and forecasting for lease portfolio as appropriate
+ Provide detailed and accurate management reporting and special reports as required including but not limited to audit responses, compliance reports, billing analysis, aging information, adjustments, etc.
+ Determine and report on appropriateness of variances and escalations as appropriate
- Processes, Procedures, and Controls
+ Responsible to develop, implement, maintain, and ensure appropriate processes, procedures, and controls are in place to ensure adherence to company requirements and guidelines and ensure high quality results of the team.
+ Identify, design, recommend, and implement new methods for streamlining operations, enhanced automation, improved overall quality, and continue to develop processes and procedures for ongoing operational efficiency and improvement.
+ Maintain a strong control environment and identify, manage and escalate risks as appropriate.
- Cross-Functional Partnership
+ Create, maintain, and ensure superb cross-organizational partnerships and relationships. Ensure excellent and ongoing communication, and quality customer service with Transaction Managers, Facility Managers, Asset Managers, Legal, Accounting, Finance and other internal and external partners
+ Coordinate and partner with Accounting, Legal, Asset, and Facility management to address and resolve issues and opportunities with portfolio, team, and or processes and procedures as appropriate.
+ Lead and/or Participate in departmental, divisional, and/or global projects
Critical Skills Required
- Ability to lead and manage a diverse, multi-disciplined global workforce
- Proven ability to set goals, performance metrics and productivity measures to drive operational efficiency and continuous improvement
- Superior interpersonal, written and negotiation skills
- Ability to lead and/or participate in cross-functional teams and to collaborate across diverse stakeholder groups
- Strong presentation and communication skills, including with senior management, customers and suppliers
- Ability to introduce and successfully manage an operation through change, as well as, deal effectively with conflict resolution and performance management
- Knowledge of leasing, including legal and financial implications of clauses, and ability to ensure compliance and successful management of contractual terms and requirements
- Experience in managing and prioritizing lease audits and other quality control measures, both through internal processes and through use of 3rd party providers
- Knowledge of lease administration software and experience successfully implementing technology solutions
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Knowledgeable of financial accounting and reporting, FASB requirements and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance
- Ability to mentor, coach and train
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Accounting, Real Estate, Business, Legal or related field
- 10+ years of commercial real estate or lease accounting experience and/or prior experience in Accounting, Finance or equivalent experience managing a Lease Administration operation for a multi-national firm or directly applicable senior level operational experience, preferably in a corporate real estate or customer-facing real estate organization. Experience should include understanding of commercial lease language and interpretation, negotiation with landlords and/or tenants, managing third party providers, financial accounting and reporting and management of financial controls and audit procedures.
- 10+ years of management experience in a large, complex, global corporate environment, with specific demonstrated experience in leading organizations through change and introducing innovation, technology solutions and industry best practices required
- Proven ability to identify opportunities for improvement, implement appropriate solutions to streamline operations, and to lead and/or participate in local and/or global projects to provide ongoing improvement required.
- Efficient, proactive, responsive, team player with a proven ability to establish and maintain strong client and internal partner relationships at all levels required
- Highly organized with ability to manage multiple priorities and time sensitive deliverables and deliver quality results on time
- Excellent listening, verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills required
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy and excellent analytical and problem solving skills required
- Hands on, self starting, disciplined, and detail oriented individual with ability to work independently in a high volume environment that requires a work product that is highly accurate and timely
- Proven ability to:
+ act in an entrepreneurial environment while managing daily demands through time management and organizational habits
+ exhibit poise, composure and confidence when confronting stressful or high-pressure situations
+ be accountable for self and team actions and behavior (and inaction as applicable)
- Technology Requirements: Experience in SAP, database management, worksheet-modeling tools (Excel, Access)
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the “WELL Health-Safety Rating” for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Employees are expected to follow the Firm’s current COVID-19 or other infectious disease health and safety requirements, including local requirements. Requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm’s vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job date: Sat, 27 Aug 2022 22:26:04 GMT
Apply for the job now!