Job Vacancy Continuous Improvement Engineer – Transportation Ryder
Job title: Continuous Improvement Engineer – Transportation
This position supports the Ryder Continuous Improvement culture across the operation by actively applying continuous improvement methods to support operations. The Engineer will identify and implement change within the operation through data driven CI, Engineering, and Automation efforts to deliver higher levels of performance in safety, quality, delivery, and cost. Effectively leverage data analytics, engineering methodologies, and core lean tools to enable root cause identification and elimination. This position will interface with employees at all levels and functions across the operation. This position reports to the Lead Engineer, CI Manager or Sr. CI Manager and is closely aligned with Operations Management.
- Engineer is responsible for analysis and utilization of continuous improvement tools and Lean methodologies to design supply chain solutions in current and future operations.
- Collects data and performs statistical analysis
- Maps and documents processes. Recommends and implements process improvement
- Establishes and implements performance measures
- Re-designs and/or re-engineers logistics processes
- Supports business development and creates efficient designs and solutions
- Develops efficient utilization of resources (labor force, drivers and equipment)
- Applies company methodologies and tools to design efficient transportation operations
- Confers with engineering and operations managers to implement efficient and competitive solutions
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Transportation experience necessary (Transportation Management, dedicated, FTL, LTL)
- Continuous improvement mentality and ability to drive change within an established business
- Transportation modeling/solutions development experience
- Working knowledge of transportation metrics & data visualization
- Proficient in transportation modeling tools such as Appian Direct Route, JDA Transportation Modeler or Llamasoft (Coupa) Supply Chain Guru
- Ability to analyze transportation data for optimization opportunities, route design and strategic network analysis
- Strong customer facing presence and ability to clearly articulate savings opportunities with the customer.
- Advanced MS Excel and MS Office skills
- Ability to support solution development during sales pursuit process
- Ability to collaborate with key functional areas including: operations, sales, finance, analytics
- Location: typically remote office, location open
- Travel requirements: ~30%
Travel: Travel requirements: ~30%
DOT Regulated: None
Salary is determined based on internal equity; internal salary ranges; market data/ranges; applicant’s skills; prior relevant experience; certain degrees or certifications, etc. The salary for this position ranges from $80,000 to $90,000.
Ryder offers comprehensive health and welfare benefits, to include medical, prescription, dental, vision, life insurance and disability insurance options, as well as paid time off for vacation, illness, bereavement, family and parental leave, and a tax-advantaged 401(k) retirement savings plan.
Job Category: Continuous Improvement
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
If you are a current employee at Ryder (not a Contractor or temporary employee through a staffing agency), please click here (http://wd5.myworkday.com/ryder/d/task/1422$3.htmld) to log in to Workday to apply using the internal application process.
Expected salary: $80000 – 90000 per year
Location: Des Moines, IA
Job date: Sun, 03 Sep 2023 07:00:59 GMT
Apply for the job now!