Job Vacancy Construction Supervisor Y-COM
Job title: Construction Supervisor
Job description: Company Description
Founded on the highest personal integrity, the superior quality of construction, and a strong work ethic, Y-COM is a leading provider of Power, Utilities, and Telecommunications services throughout the southeastern United States. Since opening its doors in 1972, Y-COM’s focus has been on providing full service and dedication to delivering projects on time, within budget, and to our customer’s complete satisfaction.
Working with us means working with a group of people that continuously sets a high standard of excellence. Our leaders are relentless, always raising the bar, and are dedicated to coaching and supporting our amazing team! Our employees are always recognized for their consistent, yet enormous efforts. Our work environment is safe, professional, fun, and focused on learning and overcoming challenges with clear expectations and communication. We boast of a diverse and inclusive work environment, championing employee morale and safety.
The Construction Field Supervisor is skilled in both project and people management. This role provides project performance deliverables for telecommunication construction projects. The Construction Field Supervisor works with a team to ensure projects are constructed in accordance with design, budget, and schedule throughout the project lifecycles.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in building both underground and aerial aspects of the FTTH network, which requires strict quality standards; Supervise in-house and subcontract resources
- Generate reports and provide feedback based upon project information received and knowledge of industry standards and experience
- Provide technical support for Field Operations and Customers
- Interface with the customer, providing excellent customer service and guidance in securing the best solution for their application
- Manage construction timelines and maintain the schedule
- Oversee start and completion dates for each aspect of the customer’s project expectations. Pre-plan to ensure resources are available for the start of construction, splicing, and clean-up
- Track daily production for each crew ensuring they meet or exceed schedule demands at all times
- Monitor and track work of contractors to maintain accountability and accuracy, as well as making sure that specifications are being met and standards are being followed for both construction and safety
- Verify all crews have safety vests, cones, truck signs, hard hats and any other required safety gear
- Ensure that all crews have appropriate tools and equipment on site at all times
- Update the Project Manager or Construction Manager on progress of the project, as well as any issues that may arise
- Performs other related duties as necessary or assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Construction Management/Project Management or similar discipline preferred
- 5 years + experience managing projects in the construction industry preferred
- Experience in scheduling projects, cost engineering, budgeting and forecasting costs, reporting project status and costs
- Working knowledge in underground utility construction, including conduit construction, knowledge of Outside Plant Safety and Procedures, working knowledge of engineering work prints, ability to understand and interpret construction documents as applicable
- Ability to engage with the customer/client, and establish a professional working relationship
- Ability to listen to customer’s needs, and propose solutions to help resolve their issues
- Be able to communicate internally and externally the technical aspects of the project in a clear and concise way
- Self-starter with integrity and confidence who strives to achieve in even the most challenging environments with limited supervision
- Team player with well-developed interpersonal skills who is comfortable in a cross-functional, multi-cultural environment
- Mechanically oriented individual with the ability to solve problems and implement change
- Strong communication and writing skills with the ability to clearly explain issues to contractors and fellow employees
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Good time management
- Ability to work after hours, some weekends, and evenings when needed
- Travel required
- Must be able to work in a non-climate-controlled environment, work in inclement weather, stand, and drive for extended periods of time
- Must have physical strength, balance, hand-eye coordination, and stamina necessary to complete jobs in various areas
- Must be able to perform physical activities that require considerable and sustained use of your arms, legs, and moving your entire body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, sitting standing, and handling of materials up to 75lbs
- Must be able to wear required personal protective equipment
Y-COM is a drug-free workplace. All new hires must pass a pre-employment drug screening. Applicants with screening results that confirm a disqualifying result (positive) will be immediately disqualified from employment eligibility.
All candidates interested in employment with Y-COM must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Y-COM does not offer sponsorships for current or future employment visas (e.g., H-B1 employment visa).
Y-COM provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Powered by JazzHR
Location: Ludlow, VT
Job date: Wed, 30 Aug 2023 07:19:05 GMT
Apply for the job now!